FYI Dust in the Wind badge

I did it recently and got the badge. Make sure that you go under the stone arch pretty soon after you start. If you don’t turn around until you go under it and then start over.

Completed Dust In The Wind three days ago, and got the badge straight off. Spawned just before the start of Fuego Flats and passed under the stone arch after around 1 mile. Just over 33 miles total distance at the end.

Did this route on 9th Jan.
Spawned before the desert starting pens.
Did the route without U-Turn or other tricks.
Got the badge at the Fuego Flats Sprint Stone Arch.

I think the problem was again the spawn point and Zwift changed that with the latest update.

Hi Ben,
I spawned at the same point as you, but I hadn’t read your post so I went back to the Stone Arch and started from there.
I couldn’t face putting the effort in and not getting the badge. I received the badge but I’m not sure if I needed to do the U-Turn. :woozy_face:

lady liberty map also have the route achivement issue, both my friend and I didn’t get it.

I did get the Lady Liberty Badge with no issue at all.
I think it was yesterday or the day before.

Glad I read this post - thanks guys! May 12/20. Dust in the Wind.
It spawned me inside the rock arch finish not far from the turnoff into Titans Grove, so I rode back a couple of km well past the rock arch, u-turned & proceeded to ride the course, getting the badge & points at the rock arch finish no problem. 60km & 599m climbing including the extra approx 6km I rode.
And yes - I was nervous yesterday doing the London Full PRL 173km 2,292m wondering if I was going to get the badge but it worked out! 6hr 15min.
There were a couple of badges I had to do a second time, and the Jungle Circuit 3 times.
6 more badges to go!!

1 Like

Flip - wish I’d read this before!! 65km in and nowhere near route badge - so irritating

Can’t believe Zwift can’t sort this out?

3 Likes

No Muir and the Mountain Badge for me in the ride I just completed.

Is this simply starting from a bad spawn point and that I should have flipped a U Turn right away and ride back a couple kms?

Not a huge deal to me. #1 priority is the workout and fitness increases but I do like to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and knock out these badges while I kill my legs…

Looks like you stopped short, you need to climb the Titans Grove KOM again at the end of the route, that is where it starts and ends.

START & FINISH

This route begins just west of the desert start pens, facing the Titans Grove entrance. You will need to ride the ~4.8km lead-in to the top of the Titans Grove reverse KOM before the route begins.

Once you cross the KOM line the route officially starts. It ends when you cross the same line a second time.

2 Likes

Mike beat me to it.

2 Likes

Well now thats a real bummer. I was just crusing along doing a bit of Z2 too. Could have just put in 2 more minutes of easy pedaling! Ha!

Thank goodness I am stubborn about these kinds of things, I will probably have it done by end of week if not tomorrow morning.

Thanks

1 Like

now that I think about it I hopped on the mtb for the challenge after getting to the top of the radio tower. Had I kept on with the tron bike or a TT bike I may have saved the time and got it done. Lol.

Double bummer.

1 Like

Great idea to use the decent from the radio tower to get those MTB miles done!

Doesn’t look like they counted? I just looked. I switched to the Zwift MTB, never bought another one. Any reason this would not work? I rode from top of radio tower to the end of my ride on MTB but it shows 0km.

Should have worked, I switched bikes a few times during workouts for this challenge and it worked fine.

I switched from road to TT before with no issues as well. This was the first switch to MTB. I will double check from PC, screen shot was from mobiles although I don’t think it will matter.

Thanks.

1 Like

FYI there is still a glitch with the spawn for this route. It started me 2km away from the stone arch. Luckily, I had already read this thread, and I went back to the arch before starting. However, I don’t think this is acceptable, and should be looked at.

Given the recent lack of posts this may have been fully solved for a while, but FYI after reading this I rolled the dice and tried Dust in the Wind without doing the U-Turn. I did set the ride up as a Meetup, as I’ve previously found this tends to drop you just before any route start point (thus possibly avoiding a big lead-in - worked great for Lutscher!). It spawned me just before the official launch pens. I completed the route at the rock archway and received the badge.

2 Likes

Given the lack of recent posts, I decided to test as to whether or not this was fixed. I attempted the Dust In the Wind route badge without doing the U-turn hack and was successful! I spawned right by the start pens and road 32.6 miles getting the badge when I went under the arch. Note that the only reason I didn’t already have this badge was because I failed a couple of years ago. So, I think it’s been fixed and it’s probably not necessary to do the U-turn hack anymore. Of course, your mileage may vary.