FutureWorks: Steering Phase 2

Okay, I will try it. But this information is missing in descriptions of XRS events and if I use zwifthack filter, it is missing there as well.

The ‘Steering allowed’ filter in the ZwiftHacks event list has just (5 minutes ago) been changed to show all the events with ‘steering’ or ‘steeringrace’ tags, including the XRS events.

Here is a canned search on ‘Steering allowed’ (24 events right now):

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks!

Thanks, Jesper.

I, too, am a bit disappointed that most of the races don’t allow it. I would not have gotten the Sterzo if it was so limited. I probably should have done my homework and check how many races support it.

But when zwift’s own website says “By adding an Elite® STERZO SMART to your setup, you can steer on any road in Zwift,” I would think that it would have been reasonable to think that a lot more races would have allowed steering.

Anybody want to start a class action lawsuit?

That was a joke. Lol!

But you can steer on any road!

I don’t dispute that!

I did a few events with steering allowed as Zhq steering race, ZA race , both in game UI are showing i have steering connected but it’s not possible to steer. When uploading also no futureworks rating window as well. Anyone else with this issue? This is since last game update

Stephan

Did your steering connection drop (‘OFF’)? I’m having difficulties connecting and keeping the connection alive (if and when it finally connects). All worked fine before the update

NO, I was connected in both UI frames and steering was working before going to the event

Just got the Elite Sterzo Smart. Why is only the left half of the right-hand side of the road reachable by steering? I can’t use the right 3’ to 4’ of the road to pass or cut a corner? Why can’t we use the entire right lane? Also, why can’t we use steering at Zwift intersections?

2 Likes

When I use sterzo in meetups in watopia, and when Zwift makes automatic screenshots, it always stops my avatar for a second and I always lose some meters. It is very unpleasant and really unfair, especially in the case of race meetups. Deactivation of making automatic screenshots did not help, because zwift continues making screenshots, only it does not save and send them. Any opinions? Solutions?

Taky jsem si toho všiml. přikládal jsem to k výpadku internetu

1 Like

I got my Elite Sterzo Smart last week and to be honest I’m a bit disappointed that there are so few events that support steering. Most group rides and also the Tour de Zwift events don’t allow steering. Why is that? Any chance Zwift will allow steering by default?

2 Likes

I think any event organiser can choose to enable it. The trouble is most will avoid it if only a select view are able to use it. Once there are a wider variety of options on the market (e.g. a small device with buttons you can attach to your handlebar) more and more should embrace it. It has the potential to make racing a lot more dynamic. Maybe it can also signal the end of the sticky draft.

I’m just hoping the Tacx Neobike buttons can finally be used!

1 Like

What is happening with this feature . Is it dead as there has been no update on it for ages and it still doesnt support the device over ANT+ . For weeks and weeks now , BLE connectivity is very unstable for this device ( it is the only device/sensor I use BLE for for so dont know if this is a BLE issue or Sterzo issue) . Others who use BLE are regular getting instability with there zwift connectivity so perhaps that is the case . Having it use ANT (which the device supports ) would get rid of this limitation/problem . When is this likely to be completed . It is proving to be more and more unreliable and loses connectivity after a while and will not reconnect . It would be good to get some sort of feedback on what is happening with this project which after all we invested in the hardware to give you feedback , but we get none back . Are there any other proposed features and changes ? You have now had months and months of feedback so you must know what we like about the current implementation and what we dont ?

1 Like

I am with you on this . Second time I have invested in hardware to give feedback on a Zwift “FutureWorks” project , THen provide lots of regular feedback and information but not once have I been contacted or updated on it . No reciprical feedback whatsoever . Maybe they need to move this to the NoFutureWorks section … Feels a bit like it somethings . If something gets launched as a future works change its the kiss of death to any sort of velocity and end result . For sure I wont be investing in any other hardware for any project tagged “futureworks” until something changes here .

1 Like

Future Works Steering. Please add the function of junction decisions when the turn signs appear. By the rider holding bars hard right or left for a second. This would be a deal maker. No more missing turns because the companion app screen is to sweaty to acknowledge touch screen presses.

3 Likes

Agree Events should be Steering enabled as default and organizers have to click to deselect it.

3 Likes

Also the steering usage pop up screen for steering with the ‘OK’ 30 second count down stays up to long, blocking the view while riding. If the information screen on drafting ect needs to be shown, then can it be shown when we select steering on the pairing screen? Thanks.

3 Likes

What a left field suggestion . Steering that actually steers . Quite why this needs users to highlight is very troubling .