Don't see Pride 2020 kit

Hi, i went into a second pride ride, and I see I am wearing the kit, which is odd as it was not in my garage and I did not choose it. does this mean you can only wear that kit in Pride events? i was hoping you could wear it in all Zwift rides and events…

@Ann_S_BCG

That’s frustrating. During a Pride event, you should see everyone’s avatar (including your own) in a Pride kit without you having to do anything. If you see avatars dressed in “normal” kits, that’s a sign that you’re running an older game version.

Assuming that you did this second ride using the latest game update, the kit should be in your garage to select it for your avatar.

Would you confirm that it’s in your garage? If no, we’ll manually make that happen for you and also @K_C2

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I did a second event & that unlocked the kit.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I did the Pride run last Tuesday and still no kit. I’ve now updated Zwift. Are you saying those of us who weren’t up to date are going to have to run the event again to get the kit we already earned ?
Btw - you should get Hudson to guest run or ride on one of these events . I’ve seen him ride on a unicycle so I know he can also ride a bike :wink:.

Yes that’s what he is saying. There seems to be an update once a month. Everytime there is a new challenge event series. If you see something new that you want to do. It probably needs an update.

1 Like

Maybe the app needs to run like some other apps I have where you can’t actually use it until you have updated it.
I don’t allow auto updates in case there is an issue or security breach that doesn’t always come to light until a lot of people have actually updated - this has been known with Apple updates, so I wait a few days at least until any flaws are ironed out.

Auto-update happens on the desktop OS’s (MacOS and Windows). When you fire up the launcher app, it will check to see if there’s a new version of the game app and install it.

Mobile OS’s have a lot more flexibility to opt out of app updates, as you note. We are considering forced game updates when it’s absolutely necessary.

For someone who prefers to delay app updates, we advise that you manually update Zwift before any major events where new rewards will be built in to that release. For example, if you’re not seeing anyone’s avatar dressed in a Pride kit during a Pride event (or Tour of X), that’s a clear indicator that you’re on an older game version.

This would be a big step forward, and eliminate a lot of basic support queries. :+1:

4 Likes

I re did and duly got the kit thankfully! Thank you for checking in! Hope everyone else is able to get it! Thanks!

1 Like

Can you kindly update my garage too.

1.0.51339 version since it was released. Just did the pride ride and no kit in my garage.

What now?

Updated the app and companion on both phone and IPad ran the Pride run Again today at the end of which it told me I had been awarded the shirt and socks - Nope still not there . HELP!

@Oh_Jacky and @fiona_cosham
It’s a mystery, but:

We’ll get you your kits!

1 Like

I have done multiple pride runs and not seen the kit either … both versions of the game

@Wendy_Lockner
We’ll get you too!

Hi Shuji,
Given we’re now in July and the Pride races have finished. Any chance you could get your Tech guys to credit the Pride kit into my garage as promised?
Thanks in advance.

@J_Making
Dude, will abide. Would you give us a couple days to get that sorted for you? Thanks for your enduring patience.

1 Like