Display of Average Watts/Kg during rides

LOL - Post Cross-Over!!

1 Like

Assuming your weight doesn’t dramatically change you’re basically looking at the same thing just a smaller number

My on the fly division by 56 isn’t that great! :wink:

Just remember the useful points

1.5 = 84
2 = 112
2.5 = 140

Etc

And you can work out roughly where you are between them

Division by 8 and second division by 7 is easier!
:crossed_fingers:

Sadly, using a Garmin (or the like) is the only viable way to see and record quality data if one is using quality power meters. Zwift only show and record basic data anyway. One day, Zwift or RGT will create a real customizable dashboard with power phase, right/left power, averages, or wherever we want to see instead of cookie-cutter basic data…

1 Like

To clarify, I think Zwift records all the data you’re talking about, they just don’t want to show it. That is, I think(?) it’s all in the .fit file. So it’s really about what you can see either live while riding, or after the ride’s done, and where you have to go to see it.

They do - if you press the menu button mid ride it shows the average watts so it must be there somewhere in the background

Agreed! but if you don’t show it while riding/training, and pass it alone to apps like Strava, it’s like it wasn’t there anyway…
The Zwift dashboard has had NO improvements since, “EVER”!

Definitely not, my P2M left/right data are recorded in the Polar file but not in Zwift fit file.

Minor clarification - Zwift Fit files do not capture ongoing avg_speed - this is only captured at the end of the event (in the file). Having said that, distance and timestamp (along with potentially useful attributes like speed, power) are captured every second, so not overly taxing for any code to produce the required stat real-time.

1 Like

Is there an update on this? I was going to post the same question. It’s kind of frustrating not being able to see avg wattage/speed etc during the ride.

1 Like

Wasn’t the display of averages something racers got upset about because it would allow people to cruise (aka sandbag) in the category?

Of course various tools like Garmins can do this very well and it is what I use all the time to watch my average power on ADZ over the whole lap.

1 Like

Doesn’t Sauce allow for this?

This should be included in game not a 3rd party

The same as left/right balance and dual recording should be part of the game natively

2 Likes

It was mentioned during Eric Min’s 2023 Thanksgiving ride they are actively working on the average watts ride feature. That was all he said about it. No mention of a timeline.

3 Likes

Annoyingly it is there in the background, they just don’t show you it.

hit the menu button and it immediately shows you the average power for the ride

1 Like

If it tracks with how this proposed feature has been tackled in the past, it may well be another 7 years before Zwift gets around to it :laughing:.

you have been able to access the settings before riding for a long time now.

@Chris_Holton I know. I am referring to averages, which was the 2nd portion of that post. Jon Mayfield responded and said that averages were coming. Consider me skeptical after seeing the request made (and acknowledged) too many times to count in the last 8 or so years.