Difference in "see only event category riders"?

What’s the difference between “regular” races and races marked as “see only event category riders”?

So let’s say I join a 300-rider race, what would I need to do to only show riders that are participating in my category “D”?

I have Zwift Companion in my iphone and I run the Zwift app in a Windows PC.

Thanks.

I’m sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think YOU can decide this on the user end. I think that the race/event organizer has to do this on their end.

In the other thread where you were asking about this I believe someone provided some direction as to how to look for events that show ‘category only’ riders. You may want to go back to that thread and check it out.

I’m not sure I understand your reply.

From the other thread, Daren Chandisingh suggested “see only event category riders” and I’m asking how those particular races work.

Ah, I see. Your question seems to be asking what you need to do to show only riders in your category during the event. I was just saying that you don’t need to do anything. If you participate in one of those events it will just happen, and you will only see riders from your category in the list of other riders on the right side of the screen.

“regular” races may have different options
“See all riders”= You see all racers A,B,C,D also everybody else that are just riding or training.
“See only event riders” = You see all racers A,B,C,D
“See only event category riders” = You will only see those in your category (ie. if you are D you will only see D)

You don’t need to do anything you just find the event that has “See only event category riders” and race.

Go to https://zwifthacks.com/app/events/
1- Select Race
2- show extra filters
3- Select See only event category riders
Then you will see all the events you can enter that have “See only event category riders”

But what will I see in the actual race? Will I only see racers in my category in the list to the right and on the actual road?

Gerrie_Delport_TeamZ
Gerrie Delport TeamZF

July 9

“regular” races may have different options
“See all riders”= You see all racers A,B,C,D also everybody else that are just riding or training.
“See only event riders” = You see all racers A,B,C,D
“See only event category riders” = You will only see those in your category (ie. if you are D you will only see D)

Man_With_A_Plan:
So let’s say I join a 300-rider race, what would I need to do to only show riders that are participating in my category “D”?

You don’t need to do anything you just find the event that has “See only event category riders” and race.

Go to https://zwifthacks.com/app/events/
1- Select Race
2- show extra filters
3- Select See only event category riders
Then you will see all the events you can enter that have “See only event category riders”

Yes you will only see those in your category, on the road and on the list on the right of the screen.

As an event organiser, how do you set these options?

You have to ask Zwift Events Team to setup event with see only event category riders, but you have so many other options for ON or OFF.