Changes to Zwift Subscription Renewals [May 2024]

Sorry boss!

I have cancelled and everyone who cancelled will still have and active subscription until the next payment isn’t taken. To use the forums you don’t have to have an active subscription.

6 Likes

Well my subscription runs to the 23rd so I’m still on Zwift for a couple of weeks more. After 6 years, I suppose posting here brings some closure & I do care about the platform having spent so many hours riding on it. Its frustrating that Zwift could be so much more, but somehow has fallen just short in so many areas.

4 Likes

I know you don’t have to be a subscriber to be on the forum. I’m just curious why you still hang around if you have moved on :blush:

You can use Zwift for free for 25km/month. Are you suggesting those users be banned from the forum?

1 Like

No. See answer above.

See my answer above.

2 Likes

Exactly. The competition could go out of business, Zwift could get the features people are looking for, etc. Plenty of reasons to stay abreast.

2 Likes

Just to clarify, I don’t say you shouldn’t be on the forum :slight_smile:

Think the best way is to,

Use Zwift for free with 25km now.
Add IV and it is free
Add Mywoosh because it is free.

Spent the $15/mth previously from Zwift on YouTube premium.

And you still saving $2/mth!

2 Likes

For those saying “It’s the price of one starbucks!!!” here is what you could save in 5 years by putting that money (5 years of subscription payments at $22.month) into a high-yield savings account at 5% (calculation in US dollars):

via Gemini

Absolutely, I can calculate that for you. With a monthly compounding interest rate of 5% (0.05 divided by 12), after 5 years (12 months/year * 5 years = 60 months), you would have approximately $1,694.03 in your bank account.

Here’s the breakdown of the formula:

• $1320 is your initial principal amount.
  • (1 + 0.05 / 12) is the interest rate per compounding period. In this case, it’s the annual interest rate (5%) divided by the number of compounding periods per year (12 months).
  • (12 * 5) is the total number of compounding periods. We multiply the number of compounding periods per year (12) by the number of years (5).

Calculation:

• Future value = $1320 x (1 + 0.05 / 12) ^ (12 * 5)
  • Future value = $1320 ≈ $1694.03 (rounded to two decimal places)

Therefore, with monthly compounding, you can expect to have around $1694.03 in your bank account after 5 years. This is slightly more than what you would get with annual compounding because the interest is compounded more frequently.

You should never trust AI to do maths. It’s a language model, not a calculator.

The AI has assumed that the total subscription paid over the 5 years is the starting principal. You start with $22 and add to it each month. You don’t start with $1320 and apply compound interest to that (which is what the AI has done).

A proper online compound interest calculator works it out as $1,524.

3 Likes

… and you could make the same money through getting one less Starbucks a month too.

What’s your point?

1 Like

what about if you gave up zwift AND 1 starbucks?

3 Likes

:scream:

8chars

Some of us are removing things like Starbucks from our budget. And now, Zwift is another one on the chopping block. I’m getting tired of people suggesting that it’s just the cost of an extra Starbucks. Maybe that’s not a big deal for some of you but it is for others. I received a whopping 0.0% merit increase this year along with everyone else at my company since we had a bad year, coupled with mass layoffs. Unfortunately, none of my expenses have increased at a 0.0% rate.

2 Likes

this time next year Rodney we will be millionaires :laughing:

7 Likes

The problem most people agree here is the value of what you are paying for.It is individual you may think Zwift is worth 20$/month for what you are getting while others may think than 20$ isnt worth for what Zwift offers you and most people here agree that the increase of price isnt correlated with Zwift development of the last few years so not worth it .

To you and some others. It is for others.You shouldn’t speak for the entire community as to what is or isn’t affordable. You are not aware of everyone’s economic situation.

And it’s not just $5 or euros one time. It’s that amount every month.

2 Likes

I am still more angry / disappointed in the proposed XP Changes than over this price increase.

2 Likes

Im not sure our European & American brethren are going to get that reference :rofl:

3 Likes