Cape Epic 2020 FAQ

It’s in my garage because of the mission. But I’m 100% sure I haven’t bought it. Even if, it should still be available in the Drop Shop with the Owned tag.

Ok, I found a “solution”.
When I just watch (don’t connect it to trainer), I’m able to see the Spark in the Drop Shop.
Maybe this is because you skip the main menu in watch mode.

I have the same experience as this. Apple TV in case that makes a difference (and registered on a PC so I’m at least in the hat to win the bike :joy:)

Definitely no splash screen that Gerrie got, although I think my drops count looks like it’s had a boost (not something I look at enough to know for sure!).

Got the email, so I guess I’m done. :man_shrugging:

@dot_gitignore we dug, and you definitely got credit for completing the mission. The email saying so is your confirmation.

The splash screen that Gerry screenshotted is on the screen for 15 seconds before it goes away. I do understand your anticlimatic comment. I have my fingers crossed for you that you win the bike in real life to make up for the meh.

2 Likes

It was in one of the threads, but also https://zwift.com/p/cape-epic-mission-tc/

Please Note: To be eligible, you must opt-in for this Mission via a Windows, Android or Mac device. You may complete the Mission via an iOS device, however, opt-ins to participate via iOS are not permitted.

Something about Apples rules on sweepstake/prizes

I completed the mission today. I was expecting the pop-up window indicating that I completed the challenge as well but there was none. I received an email from Zwift indicating I did complete, as well noticed that I received the 100K drops. The only thing missing was the congratulatory pop-up. I’m running Zwift on ATV.

I got a reply from support on the fact that I didn’t get the award or drops and got the response…

I looked over your account, and you definitely completed the challenge as I see a trigger on my end for you being entered into the prize drawing. The challenge won’t show completed anywhere other than the game so please rest assured that you have completed the challenge.

That said, it does indeed look like the drops were not awarded. We don’t currently have the ability to restore or re add them to your account.

Slightly miffed :frowning:

Reckon they should be able to since Pritch had more than a billion of them this time last year.

I doubt he got them through cycling. =)

It’s only a number in a database, of course it can be changed. They most likely just don’t have it in their support app.

The next email made me laugh though. Seems they only want positive feedback!

If there’s anything else we can help with, please let us know.
You’ll be receiving an email with a survey about our conversation. Please ignore the survey …

I did the Road to Sky on the Scott bike, swift companion shows I got the Road to Sky badge. But I didn’t get credit for the elevation and my Road to Sky Badge doesn’t show up in My Badges? Any help?

i have exactly same problem. i intended to send email to support, but if i read your message, doesnt seem to be useful.
i have send support requests before, even last week because miles and hms were missing. Only feedback you get is “sorry you are right, but we can’t help you”. There are people which have testing software as a profession, zwift is not aware of this. maybe they should just have an autoreplay which says $#@&$#@, it is the same content wise but much shorter

Edit: Bad language removed!

I have the same or similar issue, the screen showing I have the climbing number matching the challenge number but no notice of completing so not sure what I did wrong?
The frame shows as free to use until the challenge ends.
Rob

I just checked on my PC and it indicates completed, so perhaps my iPad did not alert me but the PC has the 12th as the date completed which is correct.
Not sure if I got the drops but I will check my front porch to see if the MTB arrived…Although storage space for my bikes is limited and I can’t leave that new one in the garage… Oh the problems I have.
Rob

I got notification of completion by email, myzwift says it as well, but it doesn’t show on the android tablet i use when on my trainer. Jersey not unlocked, drops not received.
I did not jump of my bike to push “ok” when completion screen popped up. I guess that is the problem.

Didn’t realize this competition started today or was it yesterday? Looking for a gc over three events. Will try just for race motivation. But time trial with mt bike? slow fun here I come.

It seems like I’m the only one on a Scott bike when riding on Zwift - can others see the bike while riding? Surely, many are doing the challenge?

I think most are done with it…LOL

I don’t see a lot of MTB’s but there are definitely some.

1 Like

Oof… Road to Sky on Thursday will get me 99% there…

1 Like

I am one of the folks riding ToW on Scott MTB…
Once more (AdZ) and finished!

1 Like

Really? I wouldn’t think so TBH. Not everyone’s a mile monster like you! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve done about 1700m I guess, so a little over halfway through. I did two ToW rides up AdZ yesterday, but only to about 500m.