Can't U-Turn [October 2021] [1.18.0]

@P_a_u_l not so - look up!

Others are around these forums too.

1 Like

Thanks Dean.

1 Like

That explains a lot. After I got stuck at 15mph I quit my workout. I didn’t shut sown Zwift but instead started another workout. As soon as that started I did a U turn. No doubt this was the U turn that I attempted during my previous workout and that locked me at 15mph.

Mac OS - still cannot u turn, and when I try, speed is throttled to 24/25km/h!!!
Any updates for this yet? Thank you.

I’m going to complicate things a bit further here. I just finished the Tour of Fire and Ice, even got the route badge for it to confirm I completed a route (somehow I’ve never been bothered doing it with the additional run-in). Took the circle as you describe, so no U-turn, and flew down at 70kmh.

Some other, probably irrelevant, info:
Windows Laptop
Companion on Android mobile
Connection via BT
Tacx Neo
Started the route with an academy Tri workout, but that finished about half-way up the climb and I continued riding from there

Zwifting today after a long outdoor season and encountered this issue. Windows + Wahoo Kickr connection via ANT+ then switched to BLE

How has this still not been fixed? Was on a ride today and bumped the down arrow while tying to change courses and ended up capped for the remainder of the ride.

Hi Anders - this should be resolved in the next release, which is coming soon. Thanks for your patience, we understand this isn’t an ideal experience.

1 Like

I do this too (fat sweaty fingers while riding is a bad combination!) I wish the U-turn had a delay where you had to hold down the down arrow like you have to do in the companion app to avoid that (even once the error is fixed)

Can’t believe it’s been this long with no resolution. Lame to get stuck at 15mph after trying a u turn on a workout. Second time this has happened (2nd U turn attempt) this week. Wrote it off the first time and then came here right now.

Instantly disappointed that it has been happening for this long, somewhat unacceptable considering the amount of subscribers and how huge Zwift is!

2 Likes

Just adding the same experience. Tried to u-turn at the top but forced around the circle. Then, on the way down, would not exceed 24kph

I’m using Zwift on an iMac together with the companion app on iOS. I had this max 24kph speed limit happen to me today.

I was on a solo free-ride on my way up Col du Zwift, about 35 km into my ride. Just past the German village, I wanted to make a U-turn to go back down. I was doing about 10 kph and pressed the U-turn button in the companion app. Nothing happened. I pressed it several times (long-presses), but still nothing happened. So I decided to complete the climb and looked forward to the decent down the other side.

However, once I finished the climb and started descending, my speed was capped at 24 kph, which was very disappointing to say the least. Others were flying past me.

@Mike.W After reading your post, I at least found some comfort in knowing it’s a bug within Zwift, and not an issue with my setup. I hope my input can provide some insight for identifying the issue.

1 Like

24 days (and still no announced release date for the patch) to resolve ONE bug, it’s a fuc.king joke but a REAL joke, shame on you Zwift Team !

1 Like

I’m really impressed, you’ve got one bug that has been detailed almost a month ago, and still no upate! I’m trying to wonder why I’m paying 15€ per month if it’s to ride the Alpe at a tumbling speed of 24kph, not to mention being unable to make u-turns, I already f*d up many workouts because of this bug!
This morning, while I was descending the Alpe at 24kph I decided to save my ride and start another one on Road to Sky. And behold, no sooner had I started pedalling, my avatar made a U-turn in direction of Epic Kom… I mean, this is completely insane, a joke!
I do hope you’ll make a fix before 2022 and please, keep us informed!

4 Likes

It’s already been detailed that the fix will be included in the release coming out next week. Now we just have to hope that it actually works!

4 Likes

Or doesn’t introduce more completely unrelated bugs. We don’t call the middle of the month updates, Bugdates without a valid reason…

1 Like

This is still an issue. Just quite riding due to not being able to turn and then I was pushing 224 watts on flat ground and was only able to go 15mph.

1 Like

Yep - same here. Total BS zwift

They have acknowledged it’s a bug and have a fix coming next update which i think should be 17th maybe with the new roads

1 Like

I see that there is a strong stread on this topic. I initially that it was me or something with my local setup. But nope it is a real and anoying bug. Fingers crossed and it is fix in the next patch. If not I have plenty of logs and data files I can share