Belgium Flanders map

Wouldn’t it be great to have a Belgium map with all the great climbs? (Paterberg. oude kwaremont, trieu, …) a mini tour of flanders?
It would be my favorite map!!

Make sure you vote up the existing Feature Requests for this map: Search results for 'Flanders ' - Zwift Forums

2 Likes

Check out the World Championship Course. It initially will be based on that.
https://www.flanders2021.com/en/races/men-elite-road-race

2 Likes

Time to revisit this topic.
the course has two circuits: a shorter “Leuven circuit” (5 climbs, 16 km), on which the race will finish, and a longer, more complex “Flandrien Circuit”, (45 km, also 5 climbs, one repeated, tougher than Leuven climbs) which will be visited intermittently. It’s a novel take on the usual world championship circuit paradigm.

Zwift could model the Leuven circuit – that’s only 16 km and comparable to other World Championships circuits, if a bit short. A more ambitious approach would be to model a subset of the figure 8 Flandrien circuit, with more interesting climbs, but that would exclude the finish line. Doing both would be ambitious by Zwift standards.

I put a Strava route for the core of the Flandrien Circuit here (21 km).

I have a Strava route for the Leuven Circuit here (15.5 km).

It would be amazing if Zwift could model each of these and then add the connector roads. I’ve been riding them on RGT, and it’s sort of like the hilly part of Richmond, except a lot more of that.

4 Likes

yeah because voting for stuff on here makes a difference!

That would be awesome indeed. Voted for it. #fingerscrossed

1 Like

It seems Zwift may be dropping the ball on this. If you want to try RGT, I’ve got two events scheduled on the worlds course, one for the hilly Leuven circuit, the other the steeper Flandrien Circuit. Events on RGT are free, no subscription required (subscription is required to create your own events and rides). There’s pacer bots of various power for those unable to stick with the lead pack.

1 Like

RGT released a Leuven circuit (cyclingnews story), which is very impressive. Lost opportunity for Zwift, I’m afraid.

3 Likes

I’m planning on doing these (after doing my first RGT race last Sunday). Just a pity you have to choose between the Flandrien one and Paris-Roubaix a little earlier and quite a bit flatter (I suppose you could do both if you REALLY wanted to).

This is getting off topic, but RGT doesn’t model rolling resistance differences on user-generated routes. So with Paris-Roubaix, there’s no modeling of cobbles. Imagine a repaved Paris-Roubaix, with smooth tarmac… With “real roads” it does model rolling resistance (similarly to Zwift).

I did the Leuven Circuit on RGT a little earlier and was really impressed with it, not too busy but it felt really good. The climbs were a good challenge for my level (imagine a fat donut cycling) and I’d definitely want to do this again to see if I can improve.

Yes to a Flanders world. How is the epicenter of cycling not on Zwift yet?!?!?

Yes – RGT did a spectacular job with Leuven. I have a Magic Road for the Flandrien Circuit, which has steeper climbs, although that results in generic scenery.

The secondary buildings is Leuven look a bit like cardboard boxes without texture with photos of the buildings pasted on them, but it’s such an ambitious project – 15 km of urban scenery. Really folks here should check it out: it’s basically free as long as you join a scheduled event.

I should also add that it’s one of their free roads at the moment regardless of events so worth checking out before it moves to premium. I’ll probably pick up a sub though, just frozen Zwift for 8 weeks to see what they do next!!

So Zwift, really disappointing not to have this world added for WC week.
I would feel better if I knew it was coming Spring of 2022.

This was a comment that zwift made under one of their world champs posts , I am guessing it could be a Flanders map or Makuri island expansion

That is my guess, more Makuri

1 Like

yes more roads not worlds … and of course with the proverbial zoon .
How long is a season in the Zwift Virtual world … to the nearest year … best guess… anyone ?