Ban the burrito

Bad PU indeed. It only benefits those who are most likely to win (and understand how to use it).

Anyone else is best off getting rid of it using the option in the app, instead of firing it off randomly (which only comes to your own disadvantage).

1 Like

Yes, agreed.

Allez Omi/Opi power up sounds good. All riders nearby crash and cannot continue the race.

1 Like

And your avatar goes into hiding for 72 hours?

5 Likes

for some reason in practise it only seems to affect riders behind the guy using it (despite whatever the zwiftinsider article says) so i found an easy way to deal with it is to just move up ahead of whoever is using it. so it’s just literally a “drop yourself and everyone else who is already about to get dropped anyway” button

1 Like

Yeah… Please get rid of this power up, ruined my race a couple days back lol.

1 Like

Sneaky way to get a couple victories if no one else lose can see you.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought it was a burrito.

Maybe they should just make it a burrito: Add 50 watts to whatever your output is after you “eat” it for whatever amount of time.

But ya… I feel like a jerk every time I use it. I remember once I went to the back of the peloton so nobody would see me using it. The poor guy behind me hanging on for dear life got dropped because he couldn’t draft off the next to last guy.

2 Likes

Maybe also introduce the “sticky botle”, i mean seems like a common thing in Procycling :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The sticky bottle power up. Use at your risk! There is a 1/10 chance that using this power up will get you disqualified from the event but as long as the race coms aren’t watching you, there is a 90% chance the team car will shoot you off like a rocket.

3 Likes

The disqualification odds should be much higher, but I guess 1/10 (or lower) is somewhat realistic unfortunately.

It has its places in real racing, unfortunately it and other support from the team car are abused. To add to the confusion, the race jury usually picks obscure times to selectively enforce the rules.

1 Like

Ok so in summary,

1. It’s a bad powerup
  2. Most people don’t know how it works and/or when to use it.
  3. It’s MY FAULT that the race organiser of the biggest race series chooses to use a bad powerup
  4. NOBODY HAS MENTIONED THE POWERUP BIN - which is where 99% of my burritos go
4 Likes

I am going to revive this thread because burrito is really a toxic power up. Flat is fast race today… Every burrito power up was used in the pack to the detriment of the rider using it as well as everyone around them. Not a single burrito was used to force a breakaway. I repeat: Not a single burrito was used in a way it was intended to be used. And there were a lot of burritos used in that race.

At the very least, please adjust it so the riders in front of the burrito users are not affected. It makes no sense for riders not drafting the burrito user to have their drafting nullified.

4 Likes

Yeah, whenever is use one, I feel like it should be in an elevator…

See Tune Power-ups

I discussed this in this video: THIS POWER UP SUCKS!!! - Zwift Racing - YouTube. Too many people just burn the power up and destroy the group unintentionally.

I re-read my OP and follow-up, and my sentiments remain the same. It’s negative racing, and the vast majority of experienced racers don’t know how it actually works. Put it in the bin permanently

Maybe it should be cancelled instead. Clearly the way it functions now promotes negative stereotypes about gastrointestinal disorders and/or Mexican food.

1 Like

The burrito power-up is the only one that evokes negative feelings directed towards other racers. It should be eliminated for that reason alone.

1 Like

I am on the other side. I like that the Buritto power up is part of the game because it impacts the predictability factor and can disrupt the boring sprint finishes. Just like some people like to hold on to their Aero power ups to get huge advantage in the final sprint (or Draft or Feather to some extent), others may prefer to use Ghost or Buritto to initiate an early attack without pulling others for free. Also good to use it mid-race in front of the blob to play mind game with others.

The one thing I would update though is to only zero out the draft in the drafting cone behind me so that people in front or next to me are not affected. There is no point in affecting anyone who is not drafting.