Apple TV 2022

It hasn’t changed. There have been some hints that it may improve but I don’t recall any timeline.

I would expect it to take a year or so.

Longtime AppleTV user. I bought the first AppleTV4k as soon as Zwift announced the AppleTV version of the app, used it for years.
I did purchase an AppleTV 2022. I used it for a few months.
I finally gave up and got a 5th gen i7, with an RTX 2070. My TV is only 1080p, but I can run the ultra profile without issue. I can consistently get 60fps (except in Makuri, well documented issue).

As much as i’m itching for a graphics upgrade on ATV4K, its a dream to use for Zwift.
So simple, just having this tiny little box with a little remote, as apposed to a big PC with keyboard, mouse and all that crap…and dealing with Windows etc etc
Apple being apple, it just works faultlessly - pairing is rapid - it boots up quicker than you can blink.
Its a dream for Zwift imo

Looking forward to a step up in the graphics tho - aint gonna lie

10 Likes

After a few more crashes on my Microsoft Surface Pro 7, I threw in the towel and got an ATV 4k.
First ride today and the graphics were smooth and zero crashes/freezes.

7 Likes

I upgraded to the new ATV4K 2022 a few months ago, there was a great price that was too good to refuse!

I have noticed smoother gameplay, in particular through Neokyo where my old ATV had some moments where the FPS dropped significantly. Hopefully the better graphics profile comes soon.

3 Likes

Still no upgraded graphics profile for the ATV4K 2022 :frowning:

I’m disappointed too. The announcement was big, but nothing happened. I have now switched to a gaming PC. If there is still an adjustment, I will go back immediately. In my opinion, the Apple TV is the best option for Zwift.

1 Like