Apple TV 2022

I have both a gaming PC and an Apple TV. I use Apple TV more because it’s so easy and quick to start. However, when I drive a low-intensity session, I also partially use the gaming PC. Then I look forward to seeing the details of Watopia. I like the experience much better. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if ZHQ adjusted the graphics profile for Apple TV 4k 2022. Please in the next update. Ride On!

5 Likes

I purchased the new 2022 Apple TV for Zwift. The graphics outlines and motion appear inferior to that of my iPhone 13!?
Im using a gaming monitor and wondering if the monitor set-up is wrong?

Nah this always happens with new hardware, it’s nothing you’re doing wrong. Until Zwift decide on an appropriate graphics profile for it, it’ll default to something low. Sounds like you’re getting the Apple TV HD profile. Just need to wait.

1 Like

I’m currently running a ‘test’ through my Smart tv (not 4K) and the graphics are really, really good. Infact the best I’ve ever had with any device set-up.

Things can only get better. Literally. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m now contemplating on scooting for a new tv!!:man_facepalming:t2:

Hello, everyone,
I already had contact with the support about the resolution & graphic quality of the Apple TV. Most of them now have 4K. This Apple TV has a much higher graphics performance, but this is not fully utilized.
The graphics from the MacBook to TV are significantly better than those from the Apple TV itself.

Therefore, I would like to ask in this group whether you would like to improve it as well?

Thanks

2 Likes

Yes please.:+1:t2:

1 Like

definitely, In any case, I got the new Apple TV for exactly this reason

2 Likes

I can’t quite make sense of this thread, can someone succunctly summarise the current position - is the Apple TV 4K quality as it stands now as good as its going to get? Or do Zwift plan on “fixing” it by assigning a better profile? I got an Apple TV 4K and was honestly just horrified at the graphics quality, its pathetic, the device must be capable of way higher quality than Zwift is letting it use

None of us know that answer

1 Like

You should have listened to Dave_ZPCMR!

3 Likes

We kind of do know the answer, they told DC Rainmaker they are working on it and hope to have it in the next update. Link higher up in this thread.

2 Likes

As an AppleTV Zwift user, I’ll believe it when I see it.

1 Like

Comment on Reddit from Jon Mayfield:

If it’s the newest AppleTV 4k then it’s currently doing the 3D graphics at 1536x864. After the next Zwift update (Early December) it will recognize the newest ATV device and render 3D at 1920x1080. The UI is done at native screen resolution regardless as you noticed.

Remember the ATV is basically an iPhone in a box so it’ll not be the same as a gaming PC, but the gap is indeed closing and Zwift will have further graphics updates for these newer ATV4ks next year.

3 Likes

Wonder if people believe me now. :roll_eyes:

Will be interesting to see what changes are made in future.

So, he’s saying an increase in resolution.
I notice he did not say there would be an increase in graphics profile.
Better looking trees, but no bike shadows.

That’s not my take-away at all.

That specific bit is about the usual “catch up” to add the new ATV4k system profile in the December game update, getting it back to where the ATV4K 2021 was. (because, as DCR puts it, Zwift does a “bunny pancake” when it doesn’t recognize a new system, falling back to reduced profile)

The more interesting section is this:

That’s new, and could be interpreted as many things: either further resolution improvement (bumping from 1080 to 1440 for example) or a profile bump. (ATV has seems to have a quasi-custom profile - starts as “basic” with items stripped out, based on @Dave_ZPCMR 's graphic comparison table)

While we don’t have enough information to know what’s going to change, it’s a signal the latest ATV has the chops to handle a more graphically rich Zwift.

4 Likes

AKA everything I’ve been saying from day one and getting pelters for. :rofl:

2 Likes

I might have missed something, but haven’t you been saying that Zwift likely would not upgrade the ATV’s graphics?

6 Likes