Zwiftpower .fit file processing stuck?

Re lack of 17 Nov WTRL results, I’m in the same boat and was told by zwift (1 Dec) it was a “sporadic” issue they were looking into. I think those pre-date this issue and the results are lost / they aren’t being treated as pending as about 90% of the results from that round were processed (we just got unlucky).

I’ve just had a 30 Dec race processed, but 23 and 28 Dec races still pending.

Roll on ZRL / WTRL on Tuesday … pray for zwiftpower!!!

1 Like

The number is down but I still don’t have results from the Fondo event five days ago going forward. I would be interested to what and how the “fix” is supposed to work.

I think the number might be just stuck on the event page, but things are still processing. I had 4 unprocessed results this morning around 8am EST. Now I only have 3 unprocessed results.

I’ve had a ride from yesterday catch-up. But one from the day before still to be processed.
Where can you see the stats on what the queue is like?

My ride from earlier today hasn’t been pulled across to ZP. Is part of the latest ‘fix’ to stop or reduce the number of files added to the queue for processing?

Bottom of ZP home page. It is just under 80k now.

Thanks… not sure how I missed it :slight_smile:

I have followed this for several days but have not chimed in yet. I remember when it took over an hour for a fit file to process one of my races. I didn’t understand that a fit file even needed to be processed back then. I made a forum post asking if my data was lost because I was so used to it happening in about 15 minutes. Sticky got me straightened out in the forum that day.

Ahhh the good ol days.

1 Like

This is a very smart summary James.

The question is, when is that smaller gym going to look attractive enough for us to switch? I have RGT on my Apple TV - races are small in comparison but also no categorisation of riders, no metrics, nothing like the community.

No-one is going to leave mid-WTRL season but I would leave in a heartbeat if I thought say, 300-500 racers would all move to RGT, or Veloton (if it ever gets going).

1 Like

One more comment on ZP. It never made sense to go to a 3rd party webpage for “official results”. ZP isn’t a glamorous looking webpage. It doesn’t look and feel like Zwift. It hasn’t been scrutinized by Zwifts marketing department and the branding doesn’t match up with Zwift itself at all. I for one could care less about any of that.

ZP is a data driven resource that filled a big gap well. It gave data we wanted and weeded out the racers that are over power, hr, virtual power, etc. It catered to the true competitors who live by racing within a firm set of rules.

I sincerely hope that ZP is integrated into Zwift. I hope it becomes seamless and “offical results” are instantaneous, including any DQ’s. I would love to see the points based rankings system live on in some form and to be used to form categories. Bottom line is that I want to see the spirit of ZP live on within Zwift.

Ride On!

8 Likes

I think we all want that

I just watched Chris Pritchard ride Veloton on his stream yesterday. Let me say that one is a winner if it gets going.

Things I saw that look really good:

1. The graphics were great. Love start climb polka dot banners and top of mountain banners. Very clean.

2. Riders are with a team. Jerseys looked great and were representative of GT teams. Riders have numbers. You can control your team by giving actions. You are the road captain basically. Team tactics!

3. Course profile was clear as day for the entire course. All climbs were noted and you could see if they were cat 1, cat 2, cat 3, etc. When climbing there was a detailed color coded profile of the climb too!!! YES!!!

4. Group split times. You see where the break is, gap to chase group, gap to peleton, and your place is noted. Very clear and super simple to follow. Total win here.

5. Intermediate sprints on course, KOM pts system, individual winners, and team time winner.

6. More realistic so that you steer and cannot ride through other racers.

7. You can do one day race, small stage races (looked like 4 or 5 stages), Grand Tour races (21 stages), sprint races, possibly more. Imagine racing 21 stages in 23 days at the same time the TdF is running!!

All in all I was impressed…

1 Like

Me too but it seems to be taking an age to get to market. I signed up to be a beta tester over 18 months ago but still nothing.

1 Like

Well, it appears ZP is back up to speed. All of my events for the past week suddenly were processed and data fields are populated. Yay. Until the next f*ckup…

Mine too. I had four or five outstanding.

Good news.

1 Like

I’m really interested in Veloton. :+1: Not least because it’s the only one (GTA aside) where the concept has been reversed - take an existing game that’s already been developed over many years and change the input method. Rather than building a game from scratch around the input.

1 Like

Probably should raise a separate thread about this, but it does seem to fit the subject so I’ll try it here to see if anyone has any answers.

My most recent race has finally got some power figures in the last few hours, but they have come from “live data” (e.g. the green lightning bolt) rather than the FIT file (blue bolt) and the numbers just don’t look right. I’ve compared the wattages listed to what VeloViewer says my best 20/5/1 min efforts were and they are coming out a LOT lower on ZP.

For example, whole race average is 236W on both sites, but 20 min power is 226W on ZP, compared to 246W on VV. 5 mins is 240 on ZP, 269 on VV and 1 min is 275 on ZP, 305 on VV.

Can anyone explain these differences and should I expect them to be updated/corrected when I get the proper FIT file analysis / blue bolt for this race?

Yeah, the live data is usually pretty inaccurate. Once the fit file is properly processed and you get the blue bolt, your data should be correct.

1 Like

Hey everyone, here’s a quick update on the issue!

For the eagle-eyed among you, you’ll see that we updated the Status Page to “degraded performance” and have now changed it to “monitoring.”

We have what we believe is a viable solution to this issue, which should cut the queue down in no time. We’re still monitoring that to make sure there are no hiccups, and it’s looking pretty good. While we’re not saying it’s 100% fixed and we’ve nailed it, we are feeling confident about this one.

In the event that changes either for the better or the worse, we’ll keep you updated.

Thanks so much for your patience. This has been a tricky one for us.

Update: We are considering this solution more than viable and it will be implemented indefinitely. The issue with file and power metric processing is resolved, and you all should see the queue start to rapidly dwindle. We have updated our Status Page to reflect this as well.

Once again, thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding.

22 Likes

I’ve only had green bolts since Zwift took over ZP. It doesn’t seem to matter if the live power data comes from the Kickr or Assioma pedals, I no longer seem to get a properly processed file / blue bolt. Curious to know why!