Zwifters nearby list ignores direction in Scotland

No word on a fix yet I’m afraid.

Thanks for responding. Does this mean at least it’s accepted as a bug, as I’ve had differing views as to whether it’s this or a feature from different staffers?

No, but I’ve asked someone to have a look.

In the grand scheme of things it’s likely to be pretty low priority so I wouldn’t expect immediate action on it.

1 Like

Thanks James. I guess what’s frustrating is that there always seems to be dev time for frivolous stuff like changing the look of pace partners, that I don’t see anyone asking for, but not for fixing basic features so that they work as intended.

3 Likes

Developers write code the graphic designers make the avatars. Different groups do different things.

1 Like

I was using it as a generic term. But if you want to make the distinction, maybe they should hire more devs in place of the graphic designers?

3 Likes

Gerrie’s point is accurate. Our graphics team do the work on new routes, pace partner look (this was a one off) and such like.

Our software developers fix bugs and make new features. Regardless how many of them we had this would still be low priority and it the grand scheme of things, shouldn’t really negatively impact people lives.

1 Like

Sorry James - this is really poor. The riders nearby element of the GUI - a key element - is essentially worthless in Scotland. It would be trivial for a competent dev to add an extra parameter to the code that populates the list to look at the relative vector of the nearby riders so that those approaching the rider faster than the user’s speed would be excluded from the list.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, Sauce for Zwift incorporates a much better solution for this, and it’s been implemented by a guy doing this part time for tip money. The user base is crying out for things to be fixed before adding new features, but this never seems to be heeded. Do you need a better product owner to help you prioritise?

1 Like

Feedback noted.

1 Like

This is how Sauce for Zwift works. It’s far superior in terms of the original issue flagged here, also ignores stationary riders, and provides much more accurate time gaps. I’ve suggested before that Zwift just hire him and bring the Sauce stuff in house…

Until then, I guess I’m just throwing the guy a few $ a month to have something that should work properly in the Zwift app in the first place.:person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thanks James - it’s just when stuff like this is deemed low priority, and the loss of a few seconds of background music on startup is prioritised for an imminent fix, it smacks of something being wrong in your backlog management and, as a product owner myself, it grates somewhat.

1 Like

I think you’ve made that pretty clear :joy:

2 Likes

Okayyy. You DO know what a Product Owner is, don’t you? If not, then we might have identified the root cause here.

Loud sigh.

1 Like

Fine, dude. I mean, we’re only paying customers, after all…:roll_eyes:

Insulting my intelligence isn’t the best way to get a very minor issue prioritised.

This thread is doing nothing other than you repeating the same thing.

7 Likes