Zwift won't adjust power and terrain after latest Wahoo KICKR firmware v4.21

Hi, thanks for your welcome.

It is paired with ANT+ FE-C as recommended. The ANT+ dongle is placed directly to the Kickr V5.

Everything worked fine until yesterday. Suddenly during the ride the problem appears

@HansWerner did you trainer difficulty get put on 0%, all the way to the left, in the settings menu?

No, it is set to 50% and I tried also 100%. Again, it worked for weeks and I did not change a setting.

Anyway, I fixed it this morning

I removed the V5 in the Wahoo Android Smartphone Fitness App. Than I detected it from scratch (find new sensor). I set the wheel size (and this was the only thing I changed after the new detection) and what shall I say, now it works again and the resistance sent from Zwift will be detected from the V5.

I have no explanation of what this caused. Something in the Wahoo Fitness app must overwrite a setting in the kickr that the resistance from Zwift can be detected or not.

I will not try to recreate the problem :rofl: I am happy that it works again and hopefully for the next years.

When I try to download the previous software it’s looking for a password

Hey Tom, I know it’s been a while but was wondering if this issue was resolved? I am still on 4.1.2 and am unsure if I should update to the Mar 2022 update 4.2.8. Thanks Paul

Hi,

Yes, its been awhile, I have been subscribing to the “if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it” mentality. I have not touched the firmware version and have not had any issues. I don’t see any benefits in changing unless I am missing something compelling.

Tom

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. I think I will follow along with your theory. All is working ok, so why fix something that isn’t broken.
Cheers
Paul

Hi,
Is there a fix for this? Both (wahoo v5 and Zwift+companion app) have the latest firmwares and this problem bothers me…
Now I have 4.2.8 in Wahoo and the only previous version was 4.2.7. Is there a way to find 4.1.2?

1 Like

You can downgrade your Kickr by tapping the kickr icon in the wahoo app multiple times. Then a secret menu pops up and you can opt in to install older firmware.

Yes I did it that way but the only one older firmware is 4.2.7 so any other tips to find more older firmwares?

I’m afraid this is the only way to go for. Have you tried to contact wahoo support? What do they say with regards to the resistance issue?

Yep, ticket is opened to wahoo. They asked to reinstall all devices. I am afraid this won’t help.
I am wondering does anybody else is suffering of this…

This may be above already… but have you tried your Kickr on Wahoo’s RGT? I’ve had no resistance in Zwift, so I downloaded Wahoo RGT with a free trial and my Kickr worked flawlessly with resistance. Seems like a Zwift issue?

Yep I agree it was an issue in zwift. I have been using zwift without problems after I purchased wahoo direct connect.