Zwift Power Category Determination Changes?

I came here through the quote from my topic: I think it’s worth mentioning that there are a couple of strange inconsistencies (or questionable “designer choices” to put it in a more friendly way) within the current Zwiftpower FTP calculation. I have mentioned these in the quoted topic: Bug in Zwiftpower calculating categories

Summarized:

1. Zwiftpower will ignore 20 minutes efforts if 2 efforts among the best 3 efforts were done on the same day. Seems questionable to ignore such an effort if a rider proves more than once in a day that he/she should actually be in a higher cat. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
  2. Zwiftpower might generate the incorrect FTP in absolute watts when a rider has been changing his/her weight. To calculate the estimated FTP, the script will not pick the best 3 efforts in absolute watts, but rather pick the best 3 w/kg efforts (which due to changing body weight does not have to be the set of best 3 efforts in absolute watts as well), convert those to absolute watts and then calculate estimated absolute FTP.
  3. Zwift event administrators need to set a certain TYPE_RACE tag for a Team Time Trial event in order to have Zwiftpower include the event for the FTP estimation. This is not consistently done and as a result sometimes TTT’s are ignored for FTP estimation.
1 Like