Zwift Companion Release, February 25th (3.22 iOS, Android)

Still looking for a solution. Has anyone had success yet? I first posted on this thread on March 1. I am still having bluetooth connectivity issues with ZC since the last update. The devices connect with an orange exclamation mark and I can ride for about 1 minute before everything i dropped. It has been very, very frustrating and I have wasted so much time trying to address it. I have been a consistent 2-3 session/wk rider since Nov 2019 and I started using Zwift Run in January 2021. Over this time, I’ve had some but very few and infrequent connectivity issues mostly due to wifi dropping. I’m not an expert but I know how to use Zwift, ZC, and connect my devices.

I use an Acer Nitro 5 laptop (Windows 10) to run Zwift and run ZC on a Samsung S9. For riding I use a Kickr Core (Power, Cadence Control) and a Tickr HRM and for running I use a RUNN module and a Forerunner 745 for HR.

My first ride after the last update was on February 27. I was able to connect the Power and Controller but unable to connect my HRM and rode without cadence. It was a training ride so it was not optimal but better than missing it. I ran on Feb 28 and had significant connectivity issues and was only able to complete about half the workout. The bluetooth symbol showed the orange exclamation mark the entire time. After being extremely frustrated and trying everything I could think of, I tried installing the Zwift app (not Companion) directly on my phone. This worked immediately. All of my bluetooth devices connect properly, were stable, and stayed connected for an entire workout. I have been using the Zwift app on my phone all week - March 1 (Ride), 3 (Run), 5 (Run), 6 (Ride). No issues at all! Aside from the tiny little screen and its really hard to give ‘Ride/Run Ons’! This is definitely not a fix but for now it is a work around.

The fact that the ride & run devices connect to the Zwift app on my phone - tested both bluetooth and ANT+ - indicates that the issue is clearly the Companion app. This is not an issue with the PC or the phones bluetooth. It is not an issue with interference with other devices. This is solely an issue with ZC(android)! Today I reinstalled Zwift on the PC and ZC on my phone. No success. Same issues. This was not a problem before the update. Now, Zwift is essentially unusable.

Based on the number of comments in this thread I am clearly not alone. I hope Zwift resolves this issue soon. I’ve really enjoyed using it as a workout platform.

+1 on bluetooth issues with Android. Companion can’t detect my Neo 2T with the latest update 3.22.1. It was still working with 3.22.0

Reverted back to 3.22.0 version and the companion app is back detecting my Neo 2T thru bluetooth.

Guidance on how to revert to prior ZC version? I’m certain the bluetooth upgrades in the last update have caused my issues. No doubt reverting will resolve.

Bluetooth drops out at least once every race I do and can’t connect my Sterzo either , it just says no signal everytime. Was all fine before the latest update

In theory you can find old apks (Android app files) on various websites, and set your phone to allow installs from sources other than Google. But you need to be VERY careful about this, because apk files like this can be an easy way to get malware onto your phone. You’d have to be very sure you were getting it from a trustworthy source.

1 Like

Thanks Steve.

Same here. All workouts I did since the update are marked as expired

1 Like

Seems the latest ios update on Friday has knocked companion app out…as per usual…wonder how long it will take the zwift developers to sort this one out!..when’s the next monthly update due?

1 Like

Since this update I have had issues with the app registering workouts completed. They appear in my activities and export to Strava fine but don’t register as completed on the training plan.

Also found a bug in Meetup yesterday where there is no option to keep riders together when setting up. I am using iOS 14.4.1 on my iPhone. No issues with a friend on Android

There’s a new release 3.23 (on Android, at least). Don’t know what the changes are.

“bug fixes” I’m guessing the flags are back?

well, they aren’t showing up correctly when I look at someone’s completed activity… so I guess it’s not the flags…

2 Likes

Flags still broken. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yep, that was one thing for sure. “Bug fixes” doesn’t include fixing the broken flags on Android :thinking:

2 Likes

The Android Companion app missing country flags bug was supposed to be resolved in the next release. Version 3.23.0 was released on the Play Store today - was it fixed?? Hell no :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This wasn’t broken before v3.22, and yet seems difficult to repair for v3.23?? Come on Devs!! Those flags are an important visual cue when trying to identify other riders for comms.

1 Like

Spent two weeks working on an update containing bug fixes and didn’t address the most obvious one, something that’s inexplicably broken suddenly after years of working fine. Couldn’t make it up. :joy:

6 Likes

Does 3.23 do anything? BLE is still fouled up when you want to enable steering and have some expectation of reliable Heart Rate connection.

I noticed the Ride-On grenade button has changed shape from a circle to little arrowheads you can barely see. The first day I saw this, the grenade gave R-O’s to everybody in range I saw it hit about ten at a time. That changed this morning.

Frustrate the user base?

5 Likes

I guess I should’ve done a better job of defining the question 'cuz frustrating the user base has been an ongoing process for as long as I’ve been here.

So: Does 3.23 fix anything? I would ask if it breaks anything but that’s a given when one views Zwift’s track record in these things.

1 Like

Still no news on what’s in 3.23?