Zwift Companion app on iOS16 won't connect [September 2022] [SOLVED]

Bought an iPhone 14 Pro and have the same problem.

I am very surprised that so many months have passed since the release of the new iPhone and the problem has still not been fixed.

1 Like

I have some suggestions to try:

Please enable the Airplane mode and then actively reenable WiFi to make sure that only WiFi data is enabled and cell data is disabled.
Then try again to connect the companion app.

If you have migrated your settings and data from an older iPhone to a newer iPhone with iOS 16 and the companion app does not work after that, please reset your Network settings.
(just Network settings, no additional data will be lost, you will need to reenter your wifi passwords, though)

1 Like

Upgraded to iPhone 14 pro max last week & am experiencing the same issue. iPad works fine but obviously isn’t the best solution. Super frustrating that this has been a know issue for so long….

1 Like

Makes absolutely no difference for an iPhone 14 pro, so stop suggesting this as a fix

This is not a problem, limited to only the Zwift companion app. I am having the same problem with a ScanSnap scanner app, a BlackVue dash cam app, and my Zwift app. For some reason the iPhone 14 Pro that I have using iOS 16.3.1 will not establish a local network connection using those apps there were other apps that do establish network connections on my iPhone what is curious is that an iPad running iOS 16.3.1 does connect to the local net work. This seems to be more of an apple problem.

2 Likes

I’m just trying to help.
I did not know that these both tips were posted before ( where they both…?)
No need to be unfriendly.

:thinking:

1 Like

As a counterpoint. I have an iPhone 14 Pro (running the latest iOS versions) that was an upgrade from an iPhone 12 Pro and have no issues connecting from ZC. It’s not to discount the issue or the frustration from the people affected. It’s just not 100% of cases and so we are struggling to figure out the combination of things that trigger it.

@MikeL_ZHQ but did you upgrade by doing a clean install and not restore any device backups from the iPhone 12?
As mentioned above, lets work together by creating a test app for debugging and data gather that you can have us use via TestFlight to help get more data

Hey Rob, out of curiosity, have you tried logging in to Zwift on your wife’s MacBook to see if your iPhone connects in the ride? I’d be curios on the opposite as well, your wife logging into your Apple TV to confirm she can connect with her iPhone.

I have a new iPhone 14 Pro and am having the same issue. I tried using the phone that was replaced (iPhone 7) and it still works fine. Following in order to learn about a potential solution once it is determined.

For the people who have a working ZC on iOS16/iPhone14 Pro: Does “Settings” / “Privacy & Security” / “Local Network” list ZC?

I’m on an iPhone 12 mini w/iOS 16.3.1. I have had zero issues w/Zwift Companion app running on iOS 16.x.

That said, my Settings > Privacy & Security > Local Network does NOT list the Zwift Companion app :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I run Zwift on a dedicated W10 PC. I use the Companion app on a new iPhone SE 2022 that I restored from a iPhone 7 backup a couple of weeks ago. Both apps work perfectly except the Companion app does not connect to the Zwift rides. It did connect on the iPhone 7. I have logged out and back in on both and reinstalled the Companion app. I have tried both ANT+ and BT on W10.

Nope. TrainerRoad is there, along with others, but no Zwift.

iPhone 14 Pro, upgraded directly from iPhone XR (which still works properly with Companion)

Hi Mike,

Latest is that we are both now set up on my Apple TV and both our iPhone 8’s (both on IOS (16.3.1) seem to work fine on it. But neither will work on her MacBook Pro which is very unsatisfactory as we cannot now both ride at the same time.

Rob

iPhone 14 Pro max here, ZCA has worked perfectly fine since I got it before Christmas, until today when I upgraded to iOS 16.3.1. App loading, but not the map. Note that Spotify isn’t working either now. So no companion app, no music. Thrilled!

longshot probably, but start collecting geography, internet/wifi providers, cellular providers?

If I remember correctly, that’s the opposite of what was working before? Meaning it was working on the MacBook but not the Apple TV?

I see we are All living in a Not So Private idaho…

I just upgrade from a iphone 10s - ios16… zca worked Great

iphone 14pro - ios 16.2… zca… NOT working… (No matter what I try to adjust)

Guess I’ll have to use the 10s til i get the mailer box to send it back to Verizon…

Just an update; I changed to a different SSID on my phone (so a different wireless network- but on same physical router/access point) then ZCA worked, map an all. Must be something with the cashing of wireless settings through the iOS upgrade?