Why do I have to improve in order to rank down?

Anyone who knew anything about code reliability pointed out at the start that making the algorithm secret would lead to these problems.

1 Like

What problems?

So far the algorithm is working. People question the category and it is found that the system works.

Even with ZP with only one rule there was constant questions.

CE better races, less (no) sandbaggers. win win.

The fact you can now ride at 4.5wkg for 20mins in every B race in the new & improved CE is probably an issue. Previously, 3 rides like that would promote a rider.
An improvement in power can return a lower category available to a rider, id suggest this might be an issue.
(Hell even you admit this should make a change with regard to the algorithm, so I can only presume you are trolling when you say there is no problems or in your rush to defend everything forgot your previous stance)
MAP values can now promote a rider causing large gulfs in class within Cats greater than the previous system
It is currently sanitising the A cat at the detriment to other categories

Plus, im fairly sure Zwift staff have suggested in other groups that the boundaries are going to change in mid june so there must be some problems there somewhere?.

zMAP only

@Lee_H

Yes it could be improved like every else.

As I said before this can be improved.

Isn’t that then new category limits. 4w/kg is the old ZP limits those does not exist anymore.

This is the new categories. Old ZP is gone.

Thanks for confirming.
Always room for improvements

1 Like

But someone with 4.3wkg could end up in A - there is no consistency across users (due to the magic formula)

So there is problems… Glad we agree on that. Might want to edit your original post then as it suggests there isnt?

the CE page still says 4.2 for A, maybe this need to be updated to 4.6 if you say 4.5 is acceptable for a B rider

with all the “tweaks” that have been done from the start and the lack of comms saying things have changed no wonder nobody knows what the limits/boundaries are anymore

The CE page refers to zFTP not what power you can hold for 20 minutes.

But you know that anyway :man_facepalming:

1 Like