Why do I have to improve in order to rank down?

I didnt think we could post peoples accounts here?

Im happy to, the user in question has done nothing wrong, but we are in a situation where if you post an account that is out of the norm, you are breaking the rules, you report a user nothing happens.

So based on that, do you want to re-vist the smartarse reply as you dont like it when users give you them.

Of course, you could just take the numbers and narrative as face value and comment on that.

2 Likes

I don’t want to comment on something that I’m not able to verify.

Recognise that some of the numbers are recent, but would like to see on our systems how and why they are being flagged as an XYZ rider and if there is anything that we can do to prevent anything that is obviously a glaring error.

I’m just not finding the screenshots to be especially helpful.

Also understand we have a rule for flagging individual accounts. If you would like them to be investigated manually, I’m happy for you to email examples to events@zwift.com

Account - ZwiftPower - Login
You were tagged in the post in FB, literally took 30 seconds to find the account.

I don’t think you understand how many tags I get in Facebook.

1 Like

Also, I get this is the company line, but none of the users believe this is useful or helpful. Either the company needs to instil confidence this process works, or find a new process.

Also, looking at this (and it’s pretty close to ther B/A boundary), zFTP is supposed to calculate your hour long power. Looking at the metrics on that account, it looks reasonable to be just under 4.2.

There is a disconnect somewhere as CP was never sold as hour long, it was 40-60mins & we all know its not working right at present. It might be working as per the design, but its seriously flawed.

Plus, MAP value was 5.4 & was allowed to race in B 2 days later?

In fact the zwift website states 40min plus

Estimate of your current Functional Threshold Power (FTP), the power you can sustain for a long period of time, i.e. > 40 mi

That is seriously under representing what that guy can do. And just to be clear, he is just one of many who are in this spot and has done nothing wrong.

Rider in question did 445W for 6mins on 9th May (464W for 5mins), which makes their zMAP at least 5.3W/Kg.

zMAP threshold isn’t 5.2, my bad (as James corrected me below), so they aren’t an A based solely on zMAP.

zMAP is 5.3. Threshold for A is 5.4.

1 Like

Ok, let try this another way.

Do you think the boundaries are right based on the values this user brings back which places them in B?

Im guessing im going to get the company line rather than the answer the majority of people can see, but lets ask.

having just looked at intervals.icu there’s a 25w difference between my 1hr power for the last 60days compared to my zFTP value, seems quite excessive

i dont really pay attention to other peoples’ numbers but i do think zftp wildly underestimates my ability right now. i have had some health setbacks recently but i think mine is currently 212w which is at most mid/upper zone 3

Pedal harder

As random as this thread is…there is potentially a bug in zFTP. It says that it thinks I can do 301w for “a long period of time i.e. 40min”. This is not shocking to me as I’ve done 310 3x in 42 days.

Anecdotally it does seem that a lot of A racers have recently shifted to B. So either (a) there is a bug, (b) cat limits have shifted up slightly, (c) zFTP is significantly “longer than 40min”, (d) or the results that count for it are shorter duration than people expect. The simplicity of Zpower’s system was flawed but the black box of the new system is creating questions and witch hunts.

In my case… I did a TT at 4.5w/kg 20min/4.3w/kg 45min resulting in an upgrade to A… then hit a 5min record and was moved back to B.

3 Likes

As I understand it, it is a feature, not a bug, that improving your short-term power can get you bumped down a cat. I experienced the same back in March (and again recently, but this time I tried to embrace the upgrade and suck in A cat instead of being mediocre in B).

I expect to be ushered straight back down to B cat as soon as they implement results-based cats

This happens often with people on the edge.

One solution will be to use 6-60 min for zFTP and 4-6 min for MAP that should cover the whole power curve and not have a overlap between 4 and 6 minutes.

That in a nutshell, is everything that is wrong with new & improved CE solution.

I assume it’s all temp before results-based kicks in. Picking a spot on the curve more “specific” to race length might be interesting, given that a lot of people just do tiny races and crits.

Or keep it as is and put out clearer messaging around it.

Results based will still need something to initially seed people.
With the curve fit you can get fairly accurate results with even short races. the tiny races may be an exception, but most others are at least 30 minutes.

As long as the daft watt floors are removed

2 Likes