Wahoo Climbing Mission 2022 FAQ

What is the Wahoo Climbing mission?
The Wahoo Climbing mission is a challenge to climb a total of 20,000 feet (6,096 meters) between January 24 - February 26 2022 on Zwift.

How do I register?
There are two ways to sign up. You can visit zwift.com to get started or click “register” in the registration box on the app’s home screen. Note: please update to the latest game version v1.21.0 to register in-game.

How do I enter the giveaway?
Once you complete a stage of the Mission, you will receive an email prompting you to enter the giveaway drawing.

What are the unlocks and IRL prizes?
This Mission has three tiers of climbing unlocks:

When you climb 10,000 feet (3,048 meters), you will unlock the in-game Wahoo socks along with an entry to win a Wahoo Bolt bike computer.

When you complete 15,000 feet (4,572 meters) of climbing, you’ll unlock the in-game Wahoo cap as well as earn an entry to win a Wahoo Kickr K.O.M. Bundle.

Scale 20,000 feet (6,096 meters) to unlock the full in-game Wahoo kit unlock and the one entry for a chance to win the Grand Prize—a Wahoo KICKR Bike Ultimate Bundle.

Find each unlock ready for try on in your Garage.

Is there a landing page for this mission?
Yes, all information on the mission can be located at this landing page.

Be sure to register on the home screen page before January 24th to make every ride count!

Is there a tagged list of events on The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App?
Because this is a Mission, there is not a tagged list of events. But, all in-game elevation gained during the mission will count toward completion.

You can also sign up for other events like Tour de Zwift and the Zwift Fondo Series to conquer this challenge alongside the global community.

Is there a special Wahoo kit specific for this Mission? Can I keep it after the Mission ends?
Yes! There will be a special kit unlock that will be ready to try on in your Garage after the Mission ends. You can wear the kit any time you like by customizing your avatar.

Do I need to have a Wahoo trainer to participate?
No. Any Zwift-compatible trainer or smart bike will work!

Why didn’t I get an email about my prize entry?
Make sure you’ve opted in to receive emails from Zwift to receive confirmation for your giveaway entry. For more information, click here.

What is the method to sign up for the Wahoo Climbing Mission if using Apple TV or iOS phone?
I can’t find it mentioned anywhere… thanks

Hi @Jim_Egan

Is there not a option in the Game home screen? Top left?

Gerrie’s right. Here’s what you see in Zwift on an iPhone. If you are only seeing the TdZ tally table on the left, you need to tap one of the white chevrons to reveal the Climbing Mission sign up option (that I’ve already clicked, here). I’m guessing that it’s similar on Apple TV, as it’s like this on iPad, too.

3 Likes

@Jim_Egan, make sure you have updated the Zwift app too, a new version was released yesterday for Apple TV.

1 Like

Will the altitude you cover during interval workouts count towards the mission?

I would assume YES. All climbing will count Races, free rides , group rides and workouts.

From the post above.
Is there a tagged list of events on zwift.com/events ?
Because this is a Mission, there is not a tagged list of events. But, all in-game elevation gained during the mission will count toward completion .

@Roule_Thoune
The left/right arrows under that tile will show up if there is more than one relevant tile to show you.

All - we released a patch v1.21.2 today that you’ll want before you start the Climbing Mission. If you’re prompted to update the game app - say yes.

2 Likes

Even better, in the version released just now, the TdZ and Wahoo Climbing Mission tiles now alternate automatically every four or five seconds, so you don’t really need the arrows/chevrons. :+1:

[Edit: interestingly (to me), the automatic tile alternation is only observable in iOS and iPadOS. On tvOS it doesn’t happen, but if one selects an arrow/chevron, to reveal the Climbing Mission tile, the TdZ tile moves back about 6 seconds later and stays there. All OS are latest versions, as are Zwift apps. I’m curious if this happens in Windows and MacOS.]

This starts on the 24th January … but what time zone? Or is it any time zone as long as it is your 24th January?

2 Likes

So, have any zwifters in New Zealand or Australia done a ride this morning (it being already 24 Jan where you are) and seen it contribute to the climbing mission?

I’m curious to know how Zwift have set this one up. We can imagine that some people might run down the clock at the end of the mission, too, so it would be good to know in advance at exactly what time rides will stop counting towards it.

I’m 10 hours into 24th and did a quick ride. No additional data has shown up anywhere including where the check-in screen is located in the app (still says “Checked in”). Restarted Zwift app, no change.

4 Likes

Hmmm. Makes me think that either someone at ZHQ has to actively toggle something in the back-end to start the Mission, or else the start time is programmed on a UTC+x basis, like the changeovers in the TdZ, which happen at 08:00 UTC, currently.

I’m sure all will become clear before the 24th (somewhere) is over :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Started a ride after 0:01 EST - ha ha - lets see if accrues to my 6096m!

Well that sucks… I finished a ride just before 10am CST here in the US and I did not get credit towards the climbing mission. Of course, when I logged in just after 10am, now it shows the counter and it’s at 0 feet. SO I assume the mission started in my time zone at 10am, but it did not say that anywhere. All it said was it starts on “January 24” and I thought it was safe to assume that 10 hours after midnight would work.

4 Likes

that doesn’t seem fair, @shooj can this be fixed/credited for those that rode early this morning?

This seems a bit silly, there was no indication anywhere of a time of when the mission started, just a date. Its weird not to assume that a ride completed Monday morning EST would count towards this. Specifically had selected a long climb ride this morning because I thought it would be counted, seeing the counter at zero is disheartening.

1 Like

I just finished the Inez’s workout with 300m climbing. None of it showed up on the wahoo mission. So I assume that workouts don’t count