Trainer Resistance | Trainer Difficulty too low, Simulation and ERG mode do not adjust resistance [January 2023]

• kickr core
  • ANT+
  • windows 10

ERG worked yesterday evening. Updated just now, ERG does not work in workouts ( or say it’s been enabled or didabled. Re paired , fec controllable, erg mode on.

1 Like

I tried ANT+, BLE (all the available types). Restarted the trainer, Zwift. No difference.

The Kickr is controllable by Garmin. Usually i keep it disconnected, connected just to verify it’s not Kickr.

Placed the Zwift update this morning (versin 1.33; 1/26/23), as per now I have no resistance mode - even with trainer difficulty at 100% it feels like it is set at 0%.

Windows 11, ANT+, Tacx Neo 2T. Restarted both Zwift, my computer and the Tacx. The Tacx does react to resistance changes in TR in erg mode, so it does accept commands.

I did check the pairing, and the trainer is paired to Zwift.

This is no fun:(.

Edit: Actually Bertram_Redmeijer , somehow Zwift log me in on my wifes account…

1 Like

Na update geen weerstand meer.

1 Like

Same here, everything was working until the new 1.33 update. I installed wahoo rgt for test, my setup still works even in ERG mode.

On my tacx neo the ant+ light for connection doesn`t came on in Zwift.

This is so frustrating. Once again, paid subscribers are now #payingbetatesters for yet another piece of software - c’mon Zwift - clean up this mess please.

I have a Kickr V2 (2016)
TACX Ant + Dongle connected to Mac Mini
I select the FE-C for both my Zwift Power Source and Controllable settings

Prior to the update, ERG mode worked as usual. Go up hills = harder. Go down hills = easier. Workouts = stable wattage and the higher cadence you spin then Zwift would self-adjust resistance.

Today = Dumb trainer mode for everything & wattage “hopping” up and down & +/- 25 watts in either direction even with consistent pedaling pressure. The last night was a train wreck. When I went to do a normal Watopia ride elevation up/down didn’t affect my resistance on the trainer one bit.

All setting for trainer in Zwift is set to default and ERG mode was turned on during workout. I even stopped 3+ times and saw ERG mode disable and then started pedaling again and saw keep pedaling for ERG mode to come on, please.

This is not an issue for the bulk of Zwift users as I’ve posted on Facebook to warn folks that the update might break Zwift. About 10% have reported that ERG is not functioning.

2 Likes

Zwift will not reliably communicate with my trainer (Saris H3, PC, W10) as well, the only change in my setup was the most recent update. I can connect trainer to Zwift for power and controllable ANT+ FEC-C and Zwift reports connection - trainer will send data (power and speed for calibration) to zwift, however zwift is not reliably establishing controllable link with the trainer, as per Saris H3 staus light and ERG/slope/gradient simulation in game. Zwift can connect, but i can find no common reason when/why - trainer has fully linked ~1hr into ride, when trying a calibration spindown in zwift (but not reliably), when trainer went to sleep and woke back up (again not reliably), etc.

I have tried:

Win 10, Tacx Neo2T, Garmin HRM, Sterzo

Just fired up the game on my W10 PC; it’s gone with the usual pairing of my trainer and HRM (all via ANT+) and loaded the world - but there is no ANT+ connection light on my 2T - turning the pedals would pick up watts being transmitted by the trainer.

Unpaired everything trainer related, re-paired the power via ANT+ and same issue (cadence and controllable would show as connected on the pairing screen, but no pairing light on the trainer).

Unpaired again, connected via BT - connection light appears on the trainer. ERG took an absolute age to engage (but did after about 30 seconds of riding) on my workout, and the incline buttons would adjust the resistance. Unpaired mid workout, paired again on ANT+, no control via ERG or incline adjustment. (Repaired again to BT and all was fine in both ERG, incline control and SIM riding post workout, road feel being set according to the terrain, steering doing its thing).

Reseated the ANT+ dongle, relaunched Zwift, no improvement in matters (power being transmitted when connected via ANT+, but no ERG, incline or SIM changes, no road feel), repaired to BT and all was well, repaired back to ANT+ with no controlled elements.

For what it’s worth I’d get a second of “no signal” (on the power, cadence and controllable icons) when selecting the FE-C ANT+ option to connect my power; but that would go and transmitted power and rpm would show in the pairing screen (and in game).

I was able to connect to my trainer fine through the Tacx Desktop App via ANT+ (connection light on), with full incline and road feel controls being sent back to the trainer. Would suggest an application issue, rather than hardware specific.

3 Likes

Same error Tacx neo 2T, no erg mode since last update, yesterday worked perfectly.
Hope they fix it soon.

1 Like

I downloaded the update, now ERG mode doesn’t work. Arg! I tried everything (I think) but no luck. ERG mode shows activated on Zwift companion and at the workout mode on my PC.

1 Like

So is this equivalent to having your trainer difficulty at 0? Any chance changing TD to 100%, back to 0%, back to 100% on a free ride does anything?

Was your speed dropping when going up hills for the given power (to eliminate possibility that issue is that terrain gradients are being ignored)?

So it seems to be a Ant+ software connection fault! I will try to connect only with BT for testing!

1 Like

PC Win11, Elite Direto X, Polar H10 HRM.

All devices connected using ANT+ FE-C with the ANT+ dongle on an extension lead about 2 ft from the trainer. Setup has been rock solid for over a year, including the ZRL race the day before the update (Jan 24, 2023).

After updating last night (Jan 25, 2023) I encountered the “TD = 0%” issue on the TdZ Stage 5 in NYC. After the stage finished I noticed that the ANT+ light on the trainer was blinking, suggesting that the trainer was looking for the ANT+ connection even though Zwift said it was paired. TD slider was set where I normally set it.

Rebooted computer, restarted trainer.

Dropped into Watopia afterwards to test through the Esses, same issue. ANT+ light on the trainer was still blinking. Re-paired the trainer with Zwift via BT, everything was fine, trainer was reporting gradient changes, everything felt as it should - trainer lights also indicated that BT was paired correctly.

Switched back to ANT+ and lost gradient feel again and trainer lights suggested that the trainer was not paired via ANT+ even though I had selected FE-C in Zwift and Zwift said it was paired.

While I didn’t test ERG mode in Zwift, I fired up SYSTM and I could run a workout with the trainer connected via ANT+ or BT, suggesting that my setup appears fine and that this issue appears to be application specific to Zwift.

1 Like

I also have the Kickr V2 and just the same for me but on a Windows 10 PC with Ant+ dongle…no fun! :thinking: :smile:

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Resistance mode in races

Same problem here. I even read this forum post before updating Zwift and as expected the ERG mode no more worked. After exiting the workout, the gradient feel also didn’t work: rode up hilly KOM without any change in resistance.

• MacOS, Ant+ dongle, Tacx Neo.

Opened up TrainerRoad app and did my workout over there: ERG mode worked flawlessly.

1 Like

I have the same issue with ERG not working with ANT+ FE-C after the update. Sim mode also did not work after the workout with ANT+. I have not tried Bluetooth with ERG mode, but SIM mode did seem to be working correctly with BT. Windows 10, Stages SB20.

1 Like

Reposting this as it might have been lost in my earlier reply from late last night. I did have success with ERG when I drove the connections through the Bluetooth on my phone via Companion App. Everything else failed. Something folks could try while this all gets sorted.

Erg mode broken
Drops counter broken

1 Like

Broken for me also after update…Kickr V2 Windows 10 with ANT+ dongle…No resistance change on rides through the Kickr???..fine before update!!!

1 Like