Tour of Zwift USER FEEDBACK

Where I’m coming from on the capabilities is that often times, I see people recommend AppleTV as the best way to run zwift without knowing the use case for the person and suggesting that it just works. Doesn’t that depend on how you use it? For example, if you do frequent workouts, do you want the frustration of navigating the menu with the apple remote?

I’m not sure it’s the most stable. Possibly if you looked at it from overall support cases but I don’t have access to that data. That wasn’t my experience at all. I came from a PC that was super old and would sometimes crash randomly so I thought that instead of investing a different PC, I could get an AppleTv that just works but in the month I had it, I had issues with group messages not appearing and not being able to join rides late (just sitting in the pen forever). Those issues coupled with the navigational troubles inspired me to move back to a PC. It’s marginally more expensive than an AppleTV but for me, worth it.

My new PC (which is actually 8 years old) never crashes at all.

There are those who claim ATV is flawless without any further qualifications but I agree with you - no platform is flawless. I see that more on facebook because I don’t hang around the forums as much.

On TDZ ride today lots of jibing on message both ways regarding Apple tv. I don’t get the division who really cares what users run zwift on?

1 Like

I’ve posted this before but it bears repeating: Why are we doing multiple laps of The Jungle Circuit to differentiate the various rides when we have The Serpentine 8 available for alternate routes? The Serp would be MUCH more exciting than the same old Jungle Circuit. Makes no sense…

I’m not one to defend Zwift much but I’d give give them the benefit of doubt based on their statement that they did the planning for this event 6 months ago - Serpentine wasnt available then and they couldnt have had internal confidence around when they would release it. I realise I am being generous in this assumption though :thinking:

3 Likes