Tour de Zwift 2021 FAQ

This happened to me as well. Did first stage (A) yesterday and it didn’t register in the companion (and maybe in the zwift app as well. I don’t know how it is supposed to look like when I completed a stage).

I did register for the whole event in the website, but I didn’t schedule the individual stage in the website. I just joined the event on the companion.

2 Likes

So far I have not received an answer and solution from support for it.

I drove the route to the end and it also showed me a result. I’m also listed on ZwiftPower.

But no progress in the tour :frowning:

I had a problem with the race: I was 86th and after a few seconds I was 753th also I continue riding. Someone knows why?

Well, I’ve ride 52’ and Zwift clock show less than 35’.
Yesterday at 7:00 PM, GMT + 1.

Hi. Just about to do stage 1. Is there going to be a proper GC with timings for each category? Looked on Zwiftpower and there is an odd points system. I think for 2020 there was a GC with timings.

1 Like

Nope. See ZwiftPower GC created for 2021 Tour de Zwift - #9 by shooj

1 Like

But if you look at TdZ stage 2. Does Ride A look to be more challenging than B or C? Longer distance yes, but vertical ascent is lower.

Some riders do prefer flats to climbs so each their own.

Should just call them A, B & C, with no further details. Leave it to us to choose which to do. :wink:

Same for me. I am registered and did yesterday the Rookie ride to learn how and this morning the Women’s ride D of the Stage 1 and I don’t know what I did wrong but it did not display correctly ( Tour de Zwift in blue) like others followers and no kms had to my ride in the event ??? What went wrong ?
I even received a email for my ride this morning as my first stage was done but doesn’t show on the Zwift Companion .

UPDATE:
In fairness to Le Col I wanted to follow up on this to post to pass along they are working diligently to resolve this issue. They’ve been pro-active in responding to my concern, and emailed me today with this explanation/update…

“The popularity of the kit took us by surprise so we are trying to rectify the stock levels asap by re-ordering and offering what is currently unavailable via pre-order - but that takes a little time to set up behind the scenes. I’m sorry for such disappointment, but if you’ve signed up to our mailing list and are part of the Tour de Zwift notifications, I’m sure there’ll be some pro-active updates once we’ve got pre-order available”

Bravo to Le Col for their timely response and actions. I will be patient, and trust they will follow through on their plan of action.

Shame. I was looking forward to coming 118,000th!

2 Likes

A Question that I and my friends have spotted with TDZ 21.

Why are the times on Zwift Power different to the times on Zwift.

I recorded a time of 37.53 on Zwift today for B course - but Zwift Power has me down for 38.10.

My mates in our club all have the same discrepancy of time being added to our finish times.

Is the time taken from crossing the start line to the finish line. As the clock in the pen goes to zero, we still have about 5 - 10 seconds before we cross the line due to numbers infront of us. This should mean that our Zwift time should be quicker in effect if from start line to finish line.

I could understand it last year when there was a difference of 1 minute added to my time for a B ride as the clock zeros after 1 minute after the A’s go off.

But 17 seconds added to my Zwift Power time is odd. The times are between 13 seconds and 25 seconds added.

Anyone any knowledge why ???

Event time vs Route time.

Event time starts when the countdown clock in the pen hits zero; the route time starts when you cross the ‘mark’ (outside the pens) indicating the start of the ‘lead-in’ to the route you are taking. Watch the on-screen display next time and you will see elapsed time/distance start later.

1 Like

I’ve seen that map profile for Stage 2 on ZwiftPower too. But, as stage 2 is described as “world champs routes” I’d expect the B group to be doing just one lap of the UCI Innsbruck course and finishing at the usual finish line as advertised instead of continuing up for a second ascent of the climb.

Still, if you start that ride and see 32km to go instead of 23km to go then expect to be doing that climb twice.

Something doesn’t add up. As you said, 32km would put you at the top again which doesn’t match up w/the descriptions below.

Per Zwift:

GROUP A: Longer Ride
Introducing Richmond’s 2015 UCI Worlds Course. What’s it got in store for you? A flat first half and second portion jam-packed with attackable climbs.

GROUP B: Standard Ride
Introducing Innsbruck’s 2018 UCI Worlds Course Short Lap route. What’s it got in store for you? Scenic roads that cut through the Sill River, all the way to the Inntal Autobahn.

GROUP C: Shorter Ride
Introducing UCI Worlds Harrogate Circuit. What’s it got in store for you? Fast roads that take you up the Yorkshire KOM all the way past the Duchy Estate.

GROUP D: Women Only
Introducing Innsbruck’s 2018 UCI Worlds Course Short Lap route. What does the women-only route have in store for you? Scenic roads that cut through the Sill River, all the way to the Inntal Autobahn.

lol…it’s Zwift

1 Like

@Aoi_Niigaki and @Lin_Alan what map profile are you talking about?

The Stage 2 A ride is 2 x 16km laps of Richmond, hence the 32km.

The Stage 2 B ride is 1 lap of the Innsbruck worlds lap, 23km.

1 Like

I’m reaching out to support too. Btw did you load a workout after the event? Because I did, maybe that confused the system?

I have a question? I am very new to this virtual riding. I love it so far, I have entered several races and regular rides. Seems to be pretty accurate. The question I have is I signed up for the Tour De Zwift and the time location that is in isn’t showing the time I rode or have me on the list or stats. Could someone help me? Thank you.

This stage profile on ZwiftPower which shows 2 ascents of Innsbruck KOM although looking at it closely the second ascent ends halfway up:

I think it’s just an anomaly of ZwiftPower. Usually it shows the route profile for the A group (Richmond in this case) so I don’t know why it’s even showing Innsbruck.

2 Likes

Yep - it’s just an anomaly. It seems to be showing the distance for the A ride (Richmond) but on the route map for the B ride (Innsbruck). I can’t even get it to show the other route maps.
I always use ZwiftInsider for route maps and profiles - I find them the most reliable Zwift resource.