This Season on Zwift [April 2023]

I can’t ride them without the Glass route hack that turn them into pavement :face_vomiting:
not a big fan of them.

3 Likes

So… we can do like an uber mountain route in Watopia, featuring mountains both inside and outside the portal? Like if I did Epic KOM and the Alpe, I could then go over to the Volcano and do another mountain in the portal, come back out, do a loop, and come back in and do another mountain? :smiley:
This climb thing may be my favorite of all these features! :star_struck:

3 Different mountains in the same world will finally be a reality!

2 Likes

Amazing the positivity that comes from delivering what customers actually want - all it took was moving a CEO sideways and dumping the hardware division. Now, those Crit city lunchtime races?

If zwift plan to deliver Climbs via gpx details could the same solution also deliver routes? Ie one off courses for events? Good for users, plenty of sponsorship or partnership opportunities?

2 Likes

I’ve seen magic road videos, and I agree.

They all look like they’re in Zwift’s Yorkshire. :confused:

1 Like

Like they did with railways and rooftops in Makuri you mean :rofl:

Should riders also not get XP while coasting down a descent? (I’m thinking no Drops will be given during a Coffee Break, as they are based on power.)

Well normally you’ve worked to get up a hill to get to a descent, you don’t really get more XP for climbing, so that kinda balances it out - you’ve somewhat ‘earned’ your descent as you do IRL. During the coffee break you kinda just get ‘free’ XP in a more obvious way I would say.

5 Likes

I get that, but I don’t think it’s a huge deal. 3 minutes is, what, maybe 40XP? Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Though, even though I’m one of the folks who wanted to see this sort of thing come to fruition, I do think that every 45 or 60 minutes would have been better than 30. (Especially because it would be easier to go from 60 to 30 than from 30 to 60 at some point in the future, at least from a rider complaint POV.)

Yup, it’s not a ton of XP. Though you could imagine people always using the coffee break after their ride while showering to always give you an extra few km to the ride for ‘free’.

Edit: I guess if it always requires a group it’s less likely.

https://dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net/Xm9inutn1vfNWtMdO_vPNFPmOMhDxMQoEDumqLT0yxk-2048x1536.jpg
Hot Wheel Orange

I hope it looks like Rainbow Road from Mario Kart. :blush:

1 Like

Given that it needs a group of 5 riders in order to be activated, what happens if all 5 decide to take a break simultaneously?

And not a single new feature for the run module. That’s sad, since there’s been an obvious significant increase of new runners this past winter…

It’s still value for money though :wink:

I guess that Zwift will need to start charging for running at some point if it’s to be further developed.

7 Likes

I would gladly pay. But I don’t think that’s a great point of view.

The majority of runners are also cyclists / triathletes, therefore paying users that see the product as a whole.
II believe that if Zwift were to remove the running module entirely, it would likely result in a significant decrease in subscriptions, as there is already a lot of competition in the market without the run component. Running is one of the things that gives Zwift an advantage over the competition.

I would suspect that quite a few Zwifters are like me, and only cycle, maybe the answer could be have a cycling only subscription , a running only subscription, and a combined cycling/running subscription

8 Likes

Yes, that would be the most sensible idea.

I’m in for the cycling and rowing subscription. =)

1 Like

Not spotted a swimming section for the Triathletes :rofl:

2 Likes

As a non-swimmer, Zwift would be the only swimming I could do. =)

1 Like