The Zwift Hub - So zwift are releasing a trainer after all!

Will this be sold in Japan? Where can I buy this?

I believe Zwift is selling this directly from their website. I think there is a FAQ with info on shipping. Iā€™ll add a link here shortly.
Q: Where can I buy Zwift Hub?

A: Zwift Hub is only available at zwift.com in the United States, United Kingdom, and EU

2 Likes

You might be able to get the Jet Blavk Volt, its the same trainer and price.

1 Like

Thank youļ¼åŠ©ć‹ć‚Šć¾ć—ćŸļ¼ļ¼

Anyone know what 12 speed cassette it comes with?

I think you can choose when you buy it.

You get 12 speed option and thatā€™s it, no further choices. Same for the 11 speed as far as I can see.

I personally wouldnā€™t do this, but you could buy it with 12 speed shimano cassette, sell the cassette get an even more reduced cost of trainer if you had an existing direct drive trainerā€¦ or something like that

1 Like

Thatā€™s really bad - I had thought you could choose which cassette you wanted - iā€™m sure I read that somewhere

In your example 10, 11, and 12 are available. 8 and 9 are not.

In the US, currently 8, 10, and 11 are available. 9 and 12 are not.

I assume these are inventory issues.

found this

1 Like

I found this as I was looking, so it looks like its a Shimano 12 Speed

Zwift Hub can be ordered with an 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12-speed cassette. If you require a different number of speeds, gear ranges, or use SRAM XD / XDR, you can order your Zwift Hub with no cassette, no sweat.

Sorry I thought you were asking what ratio cassette it came with not which brand.

1 Like

they use Sunrace cassettes, unless the dudes at road.cc put one on themselves in their review

Yeah that must be the case, because an Ultegra 12 speed cassette would be something like 20% of the price of the trainer. Also note that Shimano and SRAM 12 speed cassettes donā€™t have exactly the same spacing, unlike 8/9/10/11 speed.

They should instead let you choose freehub compatibility (campy, shimano, etc). I assume picking an 9 vs 12 speed thereā€™s a bunch of different spacers also provided? Cassettes are consumables, and Iā€™d want to pick the same one I have that works with the chain (length) I already have on the bike.

Groupset popularity statistics just donā€™t make supporting Campy (at under 5% market-share) economically viable, especially when an 11-speed Shimano/SRAM cassette will work with with Campy.

Not sure I understand. Cassette should cost about the same as a freehub. At the very least just provide a $50-100 voucher or somesuch for consumer to choose what accessory(ies) they want (cassette and/or freehub) shipped with the trainer. Why make every Campy 10 or 12 speed bike out there incompatible?

The OEM cost for the Sunrace cassettes is probably more like in the $10ā€“20 range depending on the number of cogsā€¦

There used to be 10-speed cassettes with Gabagool spacing for the other freewheel spline but I guess those have been impossible to find for years now.

2 Likes

Well, I guess we know how Wahoo feels about this new competition

1 Like

Ha! So are they going to sue Garmin after? And then all the other smart trainer manufacturers?

I very much doubt it would ever go this far, but surely Wahoo realise that the folks at Zwift only need to press a few buttons and they could stop all Wahoo owners using the game?