Speed & Cadence connection issues

Anyone had problems with Speed and Cadence sensors dropping out for 3-5 seconds…? I am using Elite Chrono Fluid trainer with Garmin speed and Cadence sensors. Seemed to work well earlier in year, I reactivated account recently and have been having alot of drop outs on first few rides. Battery for both sensors is above 2.8v, I’m using a laptop with windows 10, any suggestions would be appriciated…

Are you using Ant+ or Bluetooth?

Garmin speed & cadence sensors using ANT+ to a laptop via a dongle.

Do you use a cable extender for the Ant+ dongle to place it next to the sensors?

Speed can be thought of as the rate at which an object covers distance. A fast-moving object has a high speed and covers a relatively large distance in a given amount of time, while a slow-moving object covers a relatively small amount of distance in the same amount of time.

No I don’t. Do you think this will make a difference? I changed batteries and it seemed better, but didn’t last long, my ant+ dongle is in laptop only 1m to 1.5m away, do you think this us an issue? Laptop does sit on think wooden bench right enough…

Yes. This should help.
This this video at 2:30: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg0IDDmSStw&t=150

Excellent, I will try this, thanks for the advice.

Hello Guy. I used my extension cable today and managed a 44 min interval session without any drop outs. Hopefully this does the trick. Thank you for your help.