Saudi Arabia Flag 🇸🇦 [SOLVED]

:saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia:

I look forward to adding the flag of Saudi Arabia, so we can continue and be motivated to use Zwift and not think about using another program.

:saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia:

2 Likes

Hey everyone on this thread Shuji at Zwift HQ here. The Saudi flag in-game didn’t make it into yesterday’s game update, but we thought you should know this has been on our to-do list for a long time.

The upside of this quarantine? It’s been a productive time for us to address stagnant feature requests and quality-of-life improvements. We can’t make promises on the delivery date, but watch for the Saudi flag in a near-future release.

11 Likes

Appreciate the support & updates … we will be waiting for it …

Best Regards,
Ali M

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: :saudi_arabia: :heart_eyes: :saudi_arabia: :heart_eyes: :saudi_arabia: :heart_eyes::saudi_arabia: :heart_eyes: :saudi_arabia:

1 Like

Thanks shooj for reply​:pray:t2::heart_eyes:
We are waiting for the Saudi flag :saudi_arabia: in the next update, please pay attention

1 Like

Thank you Shooj for your reply. We are now excited for the update, can’t wait to see it :saudi_arabia::grin:

2 Likes

Hi Shooj,
We appreciate your response on this matter, I came to support our fellow brother on their quest, and hope along with Saudi flag will come other flag as well as I am from Oman and Oman flag isn’t there as well. I hope I don’t have to open a separate forum question to address this. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Abdullah.

2 Likes

:saudi_arabia::green_heart::oman:
Actually it would be lovely to have all flags installed at one time. All apps I have used before that request identifying my nationality and have flag option, they have all the flags :sweat_smile:. I appreciate the hard work of Zwift team and also expect the best from them :+1:t3::ok_hand:t3:

4 Likes

thank you shooj, hope that will be soon :saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia::saudi_arabia: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

We would like to thank all zwift team efforts to bring this great software and we will be glad to have our flag soon on zwift soon.

4 Likes

Note to self: get Zwift’s attention by mobilising 50 posts in two days. :laughing:

5 Likes

Thanks Shooj for the committment and support. Looking forward to see the flag up in the next update!
Go Zwift and Ride On!

3 Likes

Maybe it’s not racist but I am beginning to believe that it’s intentional. There are lots of users in Saudi than many of the other countries listed.
There are many Saudi haters out there

1 Like

Why would it be?

1 Like

Nations with much smaller populations and users have been included for years. Why Saudi in particular was left out in spite of repeated demands?

1 Like

Saudi Arabia isn’t the only country that someone’s asked for a flag for. It’s not special in that respect.

Nor is it the largest population without a flag by any means.

Saudi has about 35m people. Bangladesh has 165m, and has no flag. Myanmar, 55m. No flag. Sudan, 44m. No flag. etc.

Anyway, Zwift have said they intend to add missing flags soon, so hopefully that happens.

2 Likes

The countries mentioned might have larger populations but I am pretty sure they have less users.
What system did they use to determine the order of flag introduction? Was it purely random?
I don’t understand why is it so difficult to add all countries in the world. From a technical perspective I can’t imagine it is very complicated.
Anyway I am glad they are planning to do it now.

1 Like

It’s a stretch to expect missing flags soon. We’ve heard statements like this for five years or more:

We are loading flags in as more memory gets freed up in Zwift while we optimize the client. Your country’s flag (as well as others) will be brought in eventually. We thank you for your patience! [July 2015]

Thanks for your patience. Now that we’ve made the jump to 64 bit, we’ll be able to round out our flag support. [September 2015]

1 Like

Gang -

1. We’re aware that many national flags are missing besides the Saudi flag. The work ticket involves getting the artwork for many more flags.
  2. Let me reassure you that because it involves many flags, this will not happen before the next game update. There’s still a lot of work to be done.
3 Likes

A vote for Fiji flag please. We probably have smaller population than Zwifters online now so will never get the popularity vote, but flags are important to all people, regardless of size of biking community.

5 Likes