Rendered bike computers in camera view 3

I ride almost exclusively in camera view #3 (first person view)

In the real world, a bike computer on my handlebars is just within the bottom edge of my field of view.

(Optionally) rendering one of these in game would be more immersive, AND allow for some of the current immersion-breaking HUD elements to be removed.

It would also give riders something on which to spend their Drops.

• Cheap generic bike speedometer
  • Low-end Garmin 130
  • High end Garmin 530 (the touch screen ones aren’t going to work here!)
  • High end Hammerhead Karoo

I doubt they could render an actual manufacturer’s cycling computer, due to trademark or copyright., unless Zwift licensed it.
If I recall, there was a bit of a stink over the Grand Theft Auto mod that did cycling, and modeled a Garmin.

What I would like to do is overlay my IRL Garmin onto the TV. Anyone have any pointers?

@avid_dk Duct tape.

@Dan_Kothlow I doubt they could render an actual manufacturer’s cycling computer, due to trademark or copyright., unless Zwift licensed it.

On the face of it the licensing and modelling shouldn’t be any more complicated than the Specialized/Trek/Cannondale Enve/Zipp/DTSwiss licensed and modelled frames and wheels that we ride today.

I would expect the smaller manufacturers, from the low end CatEye and iGPSSport to the high end Hammerhead, would like their devices in-game, so as to drive sales in the real world instead of people mindlessly buying Garmin.

I would then expect Garmin would want their devices in-game to reduce the effect above.

1 Like