One man’s quest to end cheating in virtual cycling

Sure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Read this thread and then ponder a bit why threads get shut down… This back and forth is not productive and has nothing to do with the original post.

6 Likes

Trolling is another way to divert from the original content and kill them… Nothing new…

1 Like

FWIW i did read that other thread (so you don’t have to!) and i don’t think anyone was trying to shut anything down just a lot of people that didn’t have the answers to the question suggesting other people to ask and then the people asking the questions continuing to ask the same question (over and over and over again!) when it was clear they weren’t going to get the answer.

I didn’t think it was abusive or particularly nasty just a bit pointless and was about 100 posts when it could have been about 10. Was a reasonable request, suggested to ask zwift, no i don’t want to ask zwift, suggest you ask the third party, no i don’t want to ask the third party, suggest you ask zwift, no i don’t… and repeat forever.

2 Likes

steering can be something new for customers plus it sells their play controllers so more money, elite level racing brings in sponsorship aka money but community racing is not important to zwift as they make nothing from it, that’s the difference

1 Like

Hm why are we paying monthly fee…then Zwift should be free.

you’re paying for a subscription to use zwift…community racing is just an added bonus

Back to the Topic…i would like my bonus to be NO CHEATERS.

5 Likes

wouldn’t we all

seems strange that Eric Min made a bounty program then pulled it, almost as though they knew too many glaring holes would be found and it would cost them

3 Likes

They found one Eddy Hoole :smiley:

2 Likes

I pay a monthly fee when I use zwift so that I can ride indoors when the weather doesn’t allow me to ride outdoors, and to me it wouldn’t matter if there wasn’t racing of any form

1 Like

Everyone has their own reasons for paying for the subscription. Some people only care about workouts, or free rides, or social rides, or running, or… races. There may even be people who only care about steering games. I can’t control what people care about or why they are here, so I just accept it. The company should not want to lose any of these constituencies - all of them are significant.

1 Like

he never made it although he did promise it, shame as i already had my villa in majorca picked out and bookmarked. i stopped reporting bugs and exploits to zhq a long time ago. i might tell dave/dejan and a few other people i think i can trust my thoughts etc since they are community event leaders but i am not giving staff the time of day anymore

david (the zhq staff member) is probably a good dude i think but i did not even want to go to him personally when i noticed something wrong recently, i went to dejan first

3 Likes

And that’s the main point here. As Zwift you create a structured league like ZRL is, claiming it is a worldwide competition assigning points and allowing promotions to higher leagues based on the results, create a ruleset and then… never enforce it or show the intention to enforce it, because it was all “for fun” as Chris Snook says.
I don’t know for others, but in all the teams I have been part of, we took the competition very seriously, prepared for it, reckoned the circuits, updated our weight to our real weight, and expected the others to do the same. We also counted on WTRL and Zwift to enforce their own rules… then SkiERG happened and we understood it was way worse than we thought. That under “fun” we had “circus” included?

9 Likes

Agreed with you. It’s to the point where on ADZ you see someone come blasting along at 5.5w/kg and you immediately go and check in companion app if they are Zpower or “power meter” and then either watch the impossible high power or marvel at the 39kg weight after you’ve done your mathematics (because Zwift won’t show weight).

It’s a surprise when someone is actually the real deal and genuinely fast.

2 Likes

I found it interesting that the Hustle article didn’t mention the fact that the bounty program was promised and never delivered. Seems like a pretty important detail…

1 Like

the people with power meters have a little lightening bolt next to their name in the nearby riders list.

It will show one of 3, 0 smart trainer, 0 power meter, or Zpower

There are so many things to add here and so many things that Zwift could do, but i have realised that them actually doing anything is a complete Utopia.

I have more of a add on that at least a small part of the problem is the hardware companies as well. So many of them with absolute bs advertising that only meant to mislead and confuse consumers. Things like Elite using the “smart” term for trainers with their Misuro B sensor or just absolute hopeless accuracy claims like Stages and their 11 speed L/R pm’s. Not to mention the lot of “smartbikes” like Bodytone, Zcycle, Bodybike and Scwinn. They are nothing more than glorified spinbikes but are both marketed as smartbikes and show up as trainers ingame.

Zwift still holds at least 95 % of the blame but the market is also very predatory against users who dont know much about watts etc

5 Likes

Fairness in a pure digital world? Good luck with that! That aside, anyone who cheats in Zwift races must hold themselves in shame deep down. Let them swim there. As for me, I could not care less that another rider bests me on this digital platform. Why should I even care? Again, just speaking for myself, it’s more important that routes and rides feel as real as possible, and for the most part they do. These are probably reasons why most Zwifters really don’t give a hoot about this subject. Want fair? Then go real.

2 Likes