March 2021 Update issues

Same issue, Watts way off, looks to be about double.

Windows 10
Tacx Booster
Garmin Speed & Cadence
No Power Meter
ANT+

2 Likes

Same issue here, using
tacx blue motion
magene s3 speed & cadence sensors.
Windows 10 pc
ant+ connection to sensors

My power output (Watts) on zwift is showing way above what I would expect it to be for gear/cadence/heartrate

Windows 10
Tacx Blue Matic
CooSpo speed and cadence sensor
No power meter
Bluetooth connected via the computer itself (tried connecting via the companion and was having the same problem)

Same issue here with my setup:
TACX Blue Motion
Speed & Cadance Sensor
No Power meeter
Tested on iPad Air 3 and Iphone XS with iOS 14.4.1, Bluetooth Connection
Zwift APP & Companion APP tested

Wattage was 2-3 times higher then last sunday without changing the setup.

Something to try that might get you back online again whilst a fix is sorted. Good suggestion from @Andy_Wheale

I did try it late last night, and could be a winner. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Thanks. I’ve commented in the general update forum too.

I run a WattBike Atom first addition, using an iPad Pro running the latest iOS. I’ve been using the set up since Oct 19’.

This update has introduced a new Gear indicator that doesn’t align with the gear I’m in on the Atom. It doesn’t go to 1st gear and goes up to 12th (I run the 11 ratio setting via WattBike Hub).

Compared with my regular daily ride the cadence vs gear vs watt / w/kg sees a big difference.

Same issue…

Home trainer : Tacx Booster
speed sensor : Garmin Speed 2
cadence sensor : Magene
No Power Meter
ANT+

Hi,

Gear display problem today - Use MacPC and use bluetooth on computer to pair Atom trainer.

The gears indicated were from 2 to 23 and remained on display throughout the ride rather than disappearing quickly on gear change. The indicator was also in bold type with an arrow indicator moving up and down as gear changes were made. The words GEAR 5 were in front of the actual gear engaged.

1 Like

using windows 10 on a pc , wahoo speed and cadence sensors going to an ant+ dongle and a tack blu motion turbo. power numbers through the roof, had to pull out of a race on wednesday as the numbers were so ridiculous

MacBook pro
Tacx BlueMatic
Garmin speed & cadence sensor
(No standalone power meter)
ANT+ through MacBook Pro

Here are my answers, hope they help.

• Which computer OS are you using? Windows 10, update 20H2
  • What trainer? Tacx Blue MAtic, resistance 3 (as suggested in zwift)
  • Is there a standalone speed sensor involved in your setup, and if so, which brand / model? Garmin Bike Speed and Cadence Sensor 2
  • Is there a standalone power meter? Which one? No, no power meter
  • Are you using Bluetooth, or ANT+ signal to pair those signals? ANT+
  • Are you using the Companion to pair your signal, or the computer’s built-in Bluetooth capability?No, I use USB ANT+ dongle

Matej

• Which computer OS are you using? Mac 10.12.6
  • What trainer? Tac X Booster
  • Is there a standalone speed sensor involved in your setup, and if so, which brand / model? Giant speed and rpm sensor
  • Is there a standalone power meter? Which one?
  • Are you using Bluetooth, or ANT+ signal to pair those signals? Ant+
  • Are you using the Companion to pair your signal, or the computer’s built-in Bluetooth capability? No.

Same problem since yesterday after update. Set-up as follows:

Windows 10
Tacx Blue Matic
Tacx Speed and Cadence Sensor
Bluetooth though Laptop

Can’t get on with the training plan :frowning:

Same problem.
Trainer = Tacx Basic with Wahoo BlueSC 5CF5 194 speed and cadence sensor.
Setting = 2 on Booster.
PC= MAC with 10.15.7 Catalina
Zwift: 1.11.0 (64913)
Transmission via ANT+
Was working for more than one year nearly accurate. Since the last update today morning (17th of March 2021) it’s showing nearly double the power and too high speed.

Hi, I am also experiencing this issue. I am running on this set up:
Huawei MediaPad T5 with Android version 8.0.0
Tacx Blue Matic trainer on setting 3
Garmin Speed Sensor 2 and Candence Sensor 2 - using bluetooth connection for both (and a Garmin HR monitor which also uses bluetooth)
No power meter
Bluetooth connection as the tablet is not ANT+ compatible - connected using the tablet’s bluetooth capability, as my Moto G 5 phone wouldn’t connect to the sensors when I tried that using the companion app.
Please can this be fixed soon, I was told yesterday that my ride would not be registered because my efforts are either superhuman or there is a problem with my setup… which hasn’t changed and it worked fine last week.

1 Like
  • Which computer OS are you using?
    Windows 10
  • What trainer?
    Tacx blue Matic
  • Is there a standalone speed sensor involved in your setup, and if so, which brand / model?
    Wahoo speed sensor
  • Is there a standalone power meter? Which one?
    None
  • Are you using Bluetooth, or ANT+ signal to pair those signals
    Tried both with same results
  • Are you using the Companion to pair your signal, or the computer’s built-in Bluetooth capability?
    Tried both with same results

Same issue here, using
tacx blue motion
magene s3 speed & cadence sensors.
Windows 10 pc
ant+ connection to sensors

Same problem for me
Tacx Blue Matic with speed and cadence sensors on through Ant+ onto Windows 10 PC.
I’m new to Zwift, are they pretty quick with resolving issues or is this game over and suspend my account?

Trainer: Tacx Blue Matic
Speed Sensor: Wahoo Speed
Cadence Sensor: Wahoo Cadence
Bluetooth to Mac

Waiting on a quick fix for this as it’s unusable.

• Computer and OS: Macbook Pro 2018, OSX 11.2.3
  • Trainer : Tacx BlueMatic
  • Speed Sensor : Wahoo speed
  • Cadence sensor: Wahoo cadence
  • No PowerMeter
  • Using bluetooth (built-in, not Zwift companion)

Also seemed to have at least twice the power. I changed the battery in both cadence and speed sensors…It seems that the cadence and speed values read by Zwift are way off.

I also compared the cadence when pairing to my Wahoo Bolt and the sensor seems fine.