macOS Monterey 12.0.1 Zwift crashing

Curious for an update. Since the Zwift update I cannot save any workouts. Doesn’t matter if I use my Mac/iPad/iPhone and my other friends are also having the issue on all their devices.

1 Like

On my MacBook Pro (Intel) 2020, Zwift has now started to crash during the application launch process. Running Monterrey 12.3.1. Any new fixes available?

Hi @Lauren, any news since January?

I have bought a tablet to hold on to while you have time to fix that bug. Now I just got an email saying that you will discontinue support for Android 8 — the SO running in that tablet.

Now I cannot use Zwift on my computer because the SO is too new for Zwift, and soon I won’t be able to use Zwift on my tablet because the SO is too old for Zwift. Are we a joke to Zwift?

Fingers crossed Zwift is able to run in my macOS before the sunset of Android 8.

As of yesterday, Zwift crashes every time during launch. I can no longer Zwift. I have tried everything within my skill zone (re-install, clean re-install by removing the library files etc…) but nothing seems to help. I am on a MacBook Pro 16" with Monterrey 12.3.1. Please @Lauren give us some update on the situation as of today. Tanks in advance!

Just started having Zwift crash with this same issue. Anywhere from 8 to 40 minutes into a ride (structured workout or free ride, no difference). Once the screen freezes, it goes black and takes me back to the main power-on log-in screen. After restarting and trying to launch Zwift, it remains frozen until I Force Quit the application. Seems to have only occurred with the last 2 rides (5/15/2022 and 5/17/2022). Never had this problem before. I am using 13" MacBook Pro (2020) and macOS Monterey (v 12.4).

Level 43 Zwifter, 9500 miles, 23d 16h 38m of riding in Zwift. Super frustrating.

1 Like

Same here, exactly. Any news?

Nothing other than Zwift requesting some crash logs and computer specs which I sent on 5/18/2022. I’ve switched over to Trainer Road for my structured workouts.

Just back to Zwift for winter cycling. Nothing new to say, other than having the same problem. App crashing on 2020 Intel MacBook Pro, Just download app to wife’s MacBook Air with Apple chip. Worked well, but time will tell?

Exactly the same experience here. Super frustrating. I wish it would at least save the progress and then allow you to continue when restarting. This issue is not acceptable and is clearly Zwift’s issue.

I’m having the same experience with my MacBook Pro running Monterrey 12.4. Zwift usually crashes without fail within a couple of minutes of starting. This issue didn’t surface until a few weeks ago after a Zwift update. I’ve uninstalled Zwift several times and have sent in crash reports and logs.

Zwift support has responded that it’s a known issue that they are working on fixing but could give me no time frame for resolution. After seeing all the posts here going back to October 2021, I guess I should get used to running Zwift on my iPad.

Mick

1 Like

Has anyone gotten a fix for this issue?

The latest update did not rectify my situation. I’ve tried twice since the last update and Zwift crashes within minutes of starting.

No still nothing after 6 + months. I ended up taking my MacBook back to Big Sur . I will be chasing zwift again now. It’s so unacceptable that this has gone on for so long with no updates to this forum

Folks, I hate to create expectations that we don’t know whether they gonna happen or not, but…

Is any of you planning a big celebration for the anniversary of this bug?

Hello,

After experiencing this bug (constant freezes on start of ride), I tried a number of different patterns.

Do those experiencing the bug keep their power supply plugged in?

I’ve found that most of my crashes stop when I remove my power supply from my Macbook, I’ve had 3 spins using the Macbook and had great success when the power isn’t connected.

I had 66% percent on the battery when I did my last cycle and got a hour out of it without crashing so that’s rather positive and 45 minutes a few days before.

I will try again later but with apps open like Spotify and will feedback, if successful, I will then attempt to use Zwift fullscreen (as I read that full screen may cause the crashes).

I hope this helps.

It doesn’t matter if it is plugged in or not, it crashes in both cases for me.
I also tried disabling Time Machine backup but it didn’t help.

Had the same problem as above during a meetup today. MacBook Pro 2020 running Monterey 12.4. Going to Apple TV until this is sorted to stop the frustration

Anyone had any luck with sorting this out?

After many months of being fobbed off with “we are working on it” I paid to get my MacBook taken back to Big Sur and have been using it without issue for a few months. I regularly submit a ticket to Zwift to ask where this is at and told them to be communicative on this forum……

I’m encountering a freezing error following the latest update (12.8), with the screen freezing and then returning to the Mac login screen from which the whole OS needs restarting. The longest I’ve managed to get so far is 13 minutes of riding before this happens. I’ve a 2020 Macbook Pro running 12.5. Has anyone else had this happen and is there anything I can do to stop it?

It feels a bit like this happens every time the game updates :smiling_face_with_tear:

@Tom_Riley_JLWCC I’ll send instructions over for pulling and sending over game and crash logs.