"Keep Together" broken in Meetups [v 1.0.50775]

It was Jungle Circuit. 5 of us were sent on the correct route. 2 were stationed on other side of road and when meetup started they could not turnaround and ended up riding Col de Zwift

we did road to sky and set it up for 3h duration. the idea was to keep looping the alpe.

Hi @shooj - Thank you on your follow-up and yes it was a U-turn while the meetup was in progress.
The distance was 39.68km, 1148m and total duration on 2h16m49s.

Iā€™ve also received an answer on E-mail, it appears this function is not supported during this kind of Meetups. Cheers,

1 Like

Doing a meet up on the alp will never result in doing repeats on the alp, as you you wonā€™t get to the bottom and turn around.

thatā€™s not what Iiintended or described. the route doesnā€™t start at the alpe, so wasnā€™t expecting to turn around there.

even so, despite the faulty route which we canā€™t do it more than once, after the descent, still with the meetup on, zwift splitted everybody up, right on our faces, throwing random bunches to left and right when we were approaching the jungle. doesnā€™t make any sense. ruined the ride.

@Jonas_Pacheco

Road to sky route end at the top of the Alpe form there all turns are random. If you want to do long rides you need to pic routes that goes in a loop, then Zwift will keep you on that loop. The meetup is designed to keep every one on the selected route it does not keep every one with the leader.

Try Four Horsemen it start and end at the same spot.

1 Like

My friend scheduled a 45 minute meetup for us on Tempus Fugit yesterday (6/18) at 4:15 EST and Keep Together did not work.

I was running latest update on Apple TV (something like 15159?) and he claimed to be running latest version on his iPad - no rubberbanding effect at all.

@John_Pescatore

Yup, I see on your session that youā€™re on v1.0.51959. If it was only the two of you, would you have your friend check in as a reply to this post, so I can dig a little? I can manage that for a 2 person meetup; not so much for a bigger group.

Would also like to ask for more context:

1. Neither of you made any manual turns off the predetermined route, please confirm?
  2. Were you doing a workout plan during this meetup?
  3. Did you see any other avatars during your meetup?

Rick is sending you an email as well, the answer to the questions from me, on difference in answer 1 from what I emailed earlier:

1. Neither of us made manual turns during the Workout. On a ride right before the workout (in NYC to get off the High Line route) I did make a manual turn. When the ā€œTime to Join Meetupā€ screen came up, I let it move me to Watopia and I joined the Meetup ride.

2. There was no workout plan in place.

3. We both saw many other avatars during our ride.

thanks for the explanation. i though it was something that will keep the group together during the meetup, not only for a route or leader. like if the same people are riding next to one another, all green (inside the meetup), would all be together since everybody is pedaling.

and thanks for the suggestion, but we didnā€™t want to do the four main koms, we wanted to do the alpe 3 times. lol

iā€™ll keep that limitations in mind next time.

1 Like

Hi Shooj, Thanks for Fixing the broken elastic band.
There was another issue reported at the same time I.e the ā€œ drunk avatarā€ whereby the avatars are weaving about randomly all over the place in group workouts, which is distracting and can make people feel a bit sick. Iā€™ve done a few workouts since and unfortunately the problem still exists, latest was the Rowe and King workout in Innsbruck this morning. My workaround is to use the rear facing camera view ,which helps but not ideal as you lose the upcoming arches. Not a major issue but just reporting again in case an easy fix for the next update. Thanks.

2 Likes

Yep! This is most definitely still an issue in all group workouts for absolutely everyone! I use camera view 7 as I find it to be the least distracting, but boy, it would sure be great if this constant weaving was sorted out.

1 Like

I just started Meet Ups last couple of weeks when my husband joined Zwift and we are having issues. 1) we do not stay together and 2) he keeps disappearing from my screen but I do not disappear from his screen. We both use iPhones with different carriers (staying off wifi most of the time but going on wifi didnā€™t work either)

You should both be on WiFi since your home WiFi and internet should be more stable and provide more bandwidth than mobile. Also, make sure your iPhones are fully updated along with the Zwift app. Disappearing riders is typically a network issue or not running the latest version issue.

Iā€™m facing the same issue almost every meetup since 1 month. I was able to stay together with the group only once. Rest of the times, I group with 1-2 people and not move forward at all. If Iā€™m lucky, it is slightly working, reducing a bit the differenceā€¦ but if it is not, we stay all behind. Iā€™m connecting from my laptop through wifi and there is no disappearance what so ever. Would really appreciate any suggestionā€¦ Hope Iā€™m not dragging any others with me

1 Like

Still broken. Excessive avatar movement still causing problems.

I think itā€™s still busted! We did a meetup yesterday and the group could not stay together.

We used it a few time this week and all was well.

What system do use for Zwift.

Worked well last week! Will try again this week and will see.

Tried the keep it together function this evening during a meet up and it didnā€™t work. Has the issue been resolved or not?

Thank you