Introducing ZwiftRacing.app - Zwift Racer Rankings Done Right

What if…

Category Enforcement was actually Pen Enforcement?

giphy

2 Likes

So what exactly do the green and red bolts mean in these race results? These are two average powers from a race.
When I hover over it, the green one says “Fit file” and the red one says “Live Data”.

Also, what do these gold/silver/bronze bars mean over these w/kg numbers?
When I hover over them, it will say something like “98% of Best in Category”.

Not really sure what you’re asking. You explained in your own post what they mean?

1 Like

So, for “98% of best in category”, it is how close you are to the best you did in that time frame. That one is just relative to your other efforts.

For the live data vs. fit file, I’m not sure what post processing happens after the live data is recorded, but the numbers do change a bit, so my presumption is there is additional processing on the data once the race is over to get more accurate values into the fit file. Someone other than me should confirm that.

I have one where it shows 103%. So not sure if that helps or not with the explanation.

Well I guess that means I’ve got it wrong.

Edit: For me I have one 100% for each category as an FYI, and the rest look scaled to those.

Ok, so I was looking at the site and I think what happens is the numbers can go over 100% if your best was in a prior season. Your 30s w/kg in season 1 is 107% better than your season 2’s best 30s w/kg for instance (and it shows 107%), your season 2 shows as your 100% number since you haven’t set a 30s season best that beat the last season yet, so there isn’t a gold shown. My guess is once this season is over even if you don’t beat the time this time around you’ll see a gold representing the best you did in this season.

If all your personal best w/kg were in this season you would see 100% for each category within this season.

That’s my guess. But it seems odd to me, not sure if it’s intentional or not, so if someone knows better feel free to chime in :slight_smile:

That would make sense why all my numbers were so high- I only have 3 races for this season. Thanks!

Zrace has taken account of my fake FTP update at Zwiftpower last night, I am now “the climber,” but using my race history I’m predicted 26th.

Shame so few are signed up in A that should be there, some new racers signed into wrong pen.

~210 signups currently with relatively few in A and B. Could combine them into one pen and then spread C D E to also have ~40 riders in four pens.

Sorry, I’m out, my legs and lungs are trash.

Equal riders in pens mean a larger range of abilities in each pen.

Rider ability is parabolic, so you can choose equal pens, or more equal fields. You can’t have both.

After this race I’ll see if there is a more appropriate split point, but it’ll be good to vary it anyway.

1 Like

Any idea why this event isn’t findable or shown in zwifthack’s events?

It’s a private event organised using the Clubs functionality and some hacky Zwift Power work so we can see results afterwards. ZwiftHacks only shows ‘proper’ events.

1 Like

Rough diagram to illustrate the point.

don’t cross the streams

5 Likes

Are you going to win later? How are the legs feeling?

Edit. You are not the highest ranked B cat in the elite pen. Maybe not :rofl: :wink:

hywel and his teammate are going to do over/unders at 5-6+wkg for 50 minutes straight out the gate and i can’t do that kind of stuff

I am sorry, I really appreciate the many initiatives for new race rankings, but I am a bit annoyed by the fact that zwiftracing.app is publishing rider names and data without prior permissions…

This is basically increasing chances that Zwift HQ will close the backdoor to Zwiftpower altogether and as a result the whole of the community will be without supporting tools to run events, Zwift series etc.

Please don’t ruin it for the rest of the Zwift community and do not publish any rider data without prior permission. We are able to save hours of manual labour work every week to run Zwift series like the TFC Mad Monday Series, but that won’t be for long if a handful of projects like ZwiftRacing.app are publishing GDPR protected data from a Zwift backdoor.

Or if Zwift HQ has changed its mind and is okay with it, please let the community know, so we can publish Individual rankings on websites as well.

3 Likes

https://zrace.bike/ has been doing this already for months with no restrictions applied from ZHQ.

The main problem is ZHQ does not engage the community, ZP and Zwift racing results system needs a total overhaul but has gone nowhere in the 2+ years that zwift took it over and shows no signs of anything coming soon.

Zwiftracing will never function as a standalone app I think of it as more to show zwift on how things could be done better. If it’s to have any future it has to partner with zwift to bring the ranking system directly into Zwifts pen signup or zwift to onboard a complete copy of the solution in house.

If Zwift block access it just goes to further highlight how little Zwift care for racing without offering an alternative solution that delivers what a 3rd party can do.

Ps the developer has thought about this and i believe considered some way to apply to get your data anonymised. Worth joining the discord server he is very open to feedback and concerns.

2 Likes

Am I misunderstanding your post, but have you just cut your nose off to spite your face in bringing this to the fore?

If Zwift closes that site down, why would they then pretend they don’t have to close the backdoor to zwiftpower? Moreso, In highlighting it is there, you are forcing their hand?

Seems like you have opened a can of worms here and its probably not going to benefit you in the short term - Long term maybe…

ZwiftPower is owned by Zwift now, so that’s not a backdoor (any more)