Internal Server Error 400 / 403 (Clear your browser)

I’m having the same issue.

Really wish the people at Zwift would test things before updates and upgrades are released.

1 Like

Thank you for this update, Zwift are being no help in this situation. Even if they just acknowledge there was a problem and trying to resolve it would be a start. I’ve now downloaded Zwift to the only other device I have, my phone. Not practical at all, but it works. Hopefully they will get back to you soon with some positive news.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered why they bootstrap with a browser window. Surely the native app itself could do the job? Or do they load so many resources up-front that they don’t want to reload in case an update is needed? Or is the update process so brittle that they’re afraid they can’t fix a broken update if the app doesn’t start?

When I click on my zwift shortcut this message keeps coming up. Unable to get into zwift

HTTP 403 Forbidden

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

• This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information [More information](javascript:expandCollapse(‘infoBlockID’, true):wink:

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that this program was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

This is the thread that you’re looking for:

Me too, missed my 10am ride.

Yep - same issue - MacMini running OSX. Cleared the cache in Safari, Deleted the app (Go>Library etc) Re installed clean fresh version. Still no joy. Have Emailed Zwift - but looking on here I am pretty sure they know about it :cry:
Works fine on iPad (iOS) though.

1 Like

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

1 Like

I am using my small phone now for 3 days because of this problem. I hope they fix this issue rather fast!

@yadav2brand_yadav2br and @Bernd_ter_Lingen did you try clearing IE and Safari as described in this post?

1 Like

Yes. More then once…

@Bernd_ter_Lingen @yadav2brand_yadav2br
Did you try the steps that Dave posted?

4 Likes

Here is the reply I got from Zwift Customer Support this morning.

Thank you for your patience while this was escalated up to my team!

There is currently a known issue that is causing 403 Forbidden errors to appear for some Zwifters when trying to open the launcher on Mac and PC. I’ve checked with our team and they’ are working on a fix for this.

For now, the best workaround that we have is to clear your Safari (Internet Explorer) browser history, which users have reported gets them around the issue. The fix will come from our end and all you should have to do is keep your Zwift app up to date.

We have an active thread in the known issues section of our community forums were you can track this issue. New information related to this will be posted there first, so check there for any future updates.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue improving Zwift. Please let us know if there’s anything else that you need assistance with; we’d all be more than happy to help!

1 Like

Tried clearing Cache etc on my Macbook Air with no luck also tried reinstalling the app with no luck.Really annoying as am following a workout program. I wonder what is wrong on Zwifts end as my Macbook & Zwift are all uptodate.

Cache clearing and uninstall/reinstall also did not work for me. The problem also seems to be intermittent - every once in a while the launcher will connect and Zwift will load.

2 Likes

Thank you, this helped me to solve the problem. I normally don’t use Internet Explorer on Win 10, so I had to find and execute it, then cleared the browsing history.
Zwift developers should have it in mind, otherwise very frustrating - I was not able to exercise this morning.

In fairness this isn’t a new thing, or a big secret that Zwift uses the default browser (IE on PC) for the launcher. There’s a help page explaining that clearing the cache/cookies is the recognised solution for launcher issues, it’s been there for years.

I’m not having a go at you personally and I do understand that people are used to things just working every time, but the last couple of days (and about thirty new threads) have shown how many folks don’t even put in the bare minimum of effort in terms of helping themselves.

2 Likes

*thirty one

1 Like

it may not be a new thing, but as a paying customer, you really shouldn’t have to do any of this. The thing should just work when you open the application. Every other game/app whatever should work this way. And if it can’t, there should be a more clear message on the error screen that gives possible ways of fixing the error instead of “Forbidden” “Internal Server Error”.

1 Like

I completely agree, but there’s absolutely tons about Zwift which is like that and it’s a different discussion really. :+1: