Increase baseline resistance

Thanks @Dimitar_Marinov !
Not sure I’ll have time to really dig into that any time soon but good to know where the documentation is anyways :slight_smile:

Well this was new: today I was spinning out on a flat course at under 300 W (52-11, Kickr V5, ANT+, Windows). Un-and-re-paired the trainer and even power-cycled it, no help.

Tried a certain three-letter application afterwards where it worked normally again.

dang, no 23’ wheel sizes there

You need to etter the wheel circumference directly, by Numbers. See photo🤞

Any ideas?

What kind of wahoo trainer do you have? Model and year?

What is the ver. of the wahoo app? (Mine is v.5.52.5 (6893))

Kickr core 2020.
My app version is v1.51.0.20.(20013915) and it’s the latest according to Google store. It’s seems that I have a much newer version.

Im on a Wahoo Kickr, you on a Core. Might not be possible on a core.

Im on a iPhone, do the ver. numbers are probably different. My app is also the newest version.

1 Like

You need to etter the wheel circumference directly, by Numbers. See photo🤞

2 Likes

I would like to suggest improving the possibilities to adjust / tune trainer resistance in Zwift.

My problem is that my trainer tends to cause a good amount of vibration noise when riding in the big ring. ERG mode in the small ring and uphills in SIM mode are fine. But riding in the flat or false flat downhills is (from what I hear) very annoying for the people that live in the same building.

It would be great to somehow be able to offset the trainer difficulty (instead of applying a gain factor), have a more customizable difficulty factor curve, or some kind of virtual shifting (which allows me to stay in the small ring but shift to a virtual big ring).

So what I am looking for is more resistance in the same gear especially for low gradients :wink:

1 Like

I’ve mentioned it before but i’d like to see an option to set a minimum gradient.

For example if you set it to 2% anything under that feels like a 2% uphill but over that and the real gradient takes over.

3 Likes

Oh boy! That would be awesome.

I’m all for this change. I have Wahoo Kickr Core and spend far more time in higher gears than I would in real life.

When I put my mountain bike on the trainer, it’s even worse and changing base resistance could improve that.

1 Like

Please Zwift Development…for the love of all that is good, please add an ‘increase baseline resistance’ or ‘virtual cassette’ feature to Zwift.

At nearly all times, and especially on the flats, I find myself in my smallest/hardest gear on my 1x12. There is a whole community of MTB/gravel riders with 1x12 setups that would greatly benefit from this added feature. It would greatly improve the overall Zwift experience for us.

Please, I beg of you to add this feature. It would, in my opinion, be the single best improvement to Zwift.

3 Likes

Starting a new thread on this topic…

Please Zwift Development…for the love of all that is good, please add an ‘increase baseline resistance’ or ‘virtual cassette’ feature to Zwift.

At nearly all times, and especially on the flats, I find myself in my smallest/hardest gear on my 1x12. There is a whole community of MTB/gravel riders with 1x12 setups that would greatly benefit from this added feature. It would greatly improve the overall Zwift experience for us.

Please, I beg of you to add this feature. It would, in my opinion, be the single best improvement to Zwift.

1 Like

Hi @Stuart_Schiff

welcome to the forum.

No need to create duplicate topics.

1 Like

I have lost faith in this feature :frowning:

qz app has this feature from day one. It’s called gears, so basically it’s an offset of the zwift demand (it could be negative or positive). So you can connect your trainer/bike to qz and qz will send the information to zwift.

1 Like

I’d like to +1 for this feature request. In ERG mode everythings OK, but apart from that Zwift is not that great with my MTB. It’s just not satisfying riding with a 32 - 51/11 setup, and it certainly doesn’t seem to be worth a subscription.

Also, increasing trainer difficulty to max somewhat improves the felt resistance on the climbs, but my Zwift Hub doesn’t seem to handle this well. On the lower gears it feels “sliding” through pedal strokes. Is that a problem with the torque applied with these gearing ratios?

Zwift really semms to have a lot going for it, and I’d love to see that option added to make the experience as enjoyable for MTBers as it is for road racers.

This one is so annoying on Zwift… literally in a 53/11 and it won’t spin up because the trainer difficulty is gimped. This is on a Tacx neo 2. Upgrading to a 54 soon to hopefully make things a little better