HUD Left Display - suggestion to easily revert to pre-1.73 font size

Apologies for post duplication (and also apolgies if this specific suggestion has already been discussed elsewhere by others), I’ve only spotted this forum section after posting same in the 1.74 Update thread…

I Zwift on a 13" laptop and, like many, I’m now really struggling with reading my metrics in the HUD Left Display box. Before 1.73/1.74 the larger font in the Left Display (and fully opaque white background, and colour separations in the HUD Centre Display) meant numbers could be read with a quick glance. That’s not the case now. I now need to momentarily dwell each time to read the numbers.

It seems to me the issue is the units now being underneath, which both causes visual clutter and forces the reduced font size. This comparison hopefully shows that the available real estate for each (of now four) metric(s) hasn’t significantly changed:

It raises the question whether we even need the units displayed? Every rider is used to how they’ve configured their HUD Left Display after all, and the large icons identify each metric.

Losing the units could return us to a font the same size as before (or, simply reverting to the previously stacked icon+units, but stating units seems superfluous). A dramatic improvement in glanceability:

The biggest oversight imaginable by the dev and coding team.
Now imagine how the tablet and phone device users feel…

It’s been brought up (by myself), and many others, basically everywhere.

I don’t believe there’s been a response from anyone at ZHQ as of yet.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, Andrew. Indeed, I’ve seen yours and others’ posts :+1: It’s a really frustrating change.

I’m hoping adding this visual example of a possible solution may help us (hopefully soon) see our Cadence and Heart Rate again.