Heart rate zones settings

Hi There!

I have one question - Tell me please if it is possible to edit my heart rate zones in zwift?
If so how to do it?

Thanks for your help :relaxed:

I’m pretty sure there is no ‘heart rate zone’ setting in Zwift.

Zwift isn’t concerned about heart rate zones … it’s focused on power zones.

1 Like

Ok but if you use hr strap you can see some stats at the end of your training showing time you spend in different zones
How do they configure them?

1 Like

You can set your max heart rate and Zwift calculates the zones from that I believe.

1 Like

Ok I know that :relaxed:
But what about the % of hr for each zone?
There should be some settings :grin:

5 Likes

There are no settings for that in Zwift.

1 Like

Hmmm…
So what’s the point in having those zones if you can’t set them the Way you want to?:slightly_frowning_face:
In that case They are Just “a gadged”, not really useful :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

You see the zones but you cannot adjust them. I would not know why you should be able to. Zwift is based on Power and even if you would be able to adjust the heartrate zones, it would not have any impact.

Generally speaking, runners use heart rate zones. Some people have “power” for running, but it’s not very mature (or at least, pervasive) as a technology, so HR is the default way of monitoring relative effort.

7 Likes

Exactly!
I’d like to know after my training how “hard” my heart worked during training or in comparison to achieved power.
And Sometimes I’d like to train in a specific hr zone but now It’s not really possible or let’s Say more complicated :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

@Daren Stryd has power for running but it’s not being used by Zwift at the moment … see this request:

2 Likes

Zwift running is still quite immature but developing fast. Put in a feature/mod request. I’d vote it up. Heart rates based on max hr work out okay for many, but not for me.

2 Likes

Stryd is overpriced for a foot pod, and whilst most cyclists love power, it’s fairly meaningless for running (currently). Milestone is actually owned by Zwift so I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the route they followed. Whether that be adding some power numbers to its firmware or combining cadence, stride length and hr who knows. Whatever, Zwift running is immature compared with cycling as I can run a consistent pace around Zwift and it matches my pace around the whole course - regardless of incline. That isn’t how cycling works on Zwift.

Makes sense and i would like to have it to. You got my Vote.
Till then try this one here it also open source/for free with many many more functions:
https://www.goldencheetah.org/#section-download

1 Like

I have not tested this, but my assumption is that Zwift uses something in the line of this method. Heart Rate Zones | The Basics | Polar Blog

In short your zones is based on a persentage of your max HR.

When I am on Zwift, I really don’t care about power nor heartrate zones. Thanks God nothing is there on the display to bother me with that. Keep it like this Zwift!

I take Zwift as an racing tool and for fun. During a real race you also don’t have to think about your zones, it is either keep the wheel or get dropped.

For training I use other tools.

Don’t mix something that is meant for fun with something that is meant for real training.

Who said training isnt fun? And what is training and what is real training? :thinking:

4 Likes

I never said that training is not fun. But I like to separate training focused on power or hr zones, from just riding and take it how it goes. I take Zwift for just riding, like the most do.

There are plenty other tools which provide good focussed training. And even Zwift has or had a possibility to import workouts from TrainingPeaks and Zwift itself provides a workout generator.

After your ride or workout you are able to analyze it within Strava or TrainingPeaks or whatever tool you use.

I agree. I just submitted a request for this as well. For everyone that is disputing the relevance of HR monitoring in general and zones specifically, a quick explanation: there are days where I’m just not capable of producing the power during my intervals that I would normally, so for those days in particular, I want to be able to see if I was just being a sissy or if I was actually working at my cardiovascular capacity at that moment in time. Please note that this isn’t something I care to see in real time, but that I would like to be uploaded to my Garmin Connect data, just like it is from my bike computer. This is not an unreasonable request and it wouldn’t affect how anyone (re: those who don’t want to see HR) would conduct their current rides.

2 Likes