Game Update - March 16th, 2021

@Wes does this also clear up the crazy speeds that some meetups with keep together enabled have experienced?

3 Likes

How do you updateā€¦ I have all my apps on automatic updates but nothing seems different . Never have seen all the new routes etc. other than uninstall install what should I do.

What platform do you use? You may need to go into the app store/Google play and manually update.

Apple TV ā€¦ Samsung note pad for my companion app

Type this into Google or your favorite search engine ā€œhow to manually update apps on Apple tvā€

2 Likes

Apple TV 4K for my main stream for my wahoo kickr

Thanks Mike

Eric, per another thread, the disappearing training program workouts have supposedly been fixed. Just didnā€™t make the release notes. I havenā€™t tried it yet though as I decided to start my program over due to the bug and post vaccine soreness.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. I will get to the Worlds/Routes/Workouts etc screen, but if I select any world to ride, it will not load. Just hangs with the big Zwift light blue Loading World screen. I can hear game sounds in the background, but no world graphics.

Also, because I use a CompuTrainer, I can see on my handlebar controller that the Zwift is no longer connected to it.

One way in has worked for me. If I select ā€œJust Watchā€ on the ā€œConnectionsā€ screen while Zwift is loading up, it will take me directly to Watopia. Then, if I select, ā€œReturn to meā€ I get my own avatar view back, and Zwift is in control of my CompuTrainer. At that point I can ride in Watopia, but of course can go anywhere else.

This all started going sideways with todayā€™s update! Grr!

I have completely uninstalled Zwift (WIndows 10), deleted the Zwift folder from ProgramFiles(x86) and reinstalled the whole works. This big fat bug is still there!

UPDATE
Just done with Zwift tech.
Zwift runs ā€œon topā€ of your default browser. So this problem got fixed when I cleared the cache of my default browser. In my case that was Firefox.

But just before clearing my cache, I switched my default browser to Edge (which I almost never use on that PC). Zwift returned to normal! And then I went back to Firefox. Cleared its cache. Reset it as my default browser. Then went and restarted Zwift. Everything was working again in Zwift.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if itā€™s part of the game updateā€¦ Butā€¦ Just love the mysterious power-up ā€œbannerā€ at the middle of some sectors at Alpe du Zwift, really made me push harder to catch it in time.

2 Likes

See my reply to Josh_Friberg8425. Iā€™m having the exact same problem. Running Windows 10 version. None of the worlds will finish loading for me.

1 Like

The missing rider shadow bug on M1 is still not resolvedā€¦

1 Like

I got a reply to a support ticket saying this should he fixed. Also, if this happens you can go into the training plan in zwift (not companion) and click the words ā€œI did itā€. It will say you did it outside but gives you credit for the workout.

1 Like

agreeā€¦ flags still greyed out

Be glad we received anything at all last year w/Covid and the world being the mess it is as a result.

Last year we didnā€™t get the Olympics (Mt Fuji and/or Japan World) and we didnā€™t get Worlds. Thatā€™s two major releases we will hopefully get this year. Additionally I would hope/expect that we get some expansion to an existing world if not worlds this year.

3 Likes

Like a few others, after updating Zwift wonā€™t load for me on Windows 10 now. :confused:

1 Like

Can we hide the panels like zwifters nearby or other buggers on MacBook?

After updating the Zwift Mac OS app this evening, I ran the app and, just after starting up a ride, at the top left ā€“ under the power, cadence and heart rate data ā€“ a new bar now shows my chosen bike gear. Maybe this has been there awhile and I hadnā€™t noticed but it is, for me at least, a great and most welcome change. Thanks!

No luck for me. I have 5 browsers installed including both versions of Edge. The 3 browsers I use (Firefox, Brave, and Chrome) are set to wipe cookies at close, but I went in and manually wiped for good measure. Also switched default to Edge, then back to Firefox as suggested. Nothing working. Canā€™t get past the blue loading screen after selecting route and workout. Frustrated.

Only guessing but did you try clearing Internet Explorer cache?