Elite Rizer steering broken in 1.47

Hi ,
Is your steering working again!
Mine isn’t even after the update.

Do you maybe know what to do?

Greetings Jeroen

Yes, my steering is working fine since the update. I did reboot my (Android) tablet as it couldn’t see my devices straight away but that was probably just a coincidence. I didn’t have to recalibrate, just made sure the box was ticked when pairing the device.

Thanks Stephen,

I have got an Apple device maybe that is the issue.
Thanks again and enjoy steering :ok_hand:.

Greetings Jeroen

Jerome,my steering worked after update but the next time I rode it didn’t work again. I have Apple TV i wonder if that’s the issue.tried it again at 5:30 est and it still doesn’t work

Mine works ever since the update. I’ve ridden a handful of times, and the Rizer steering has been working fine on all rides.

I’m running Zwift on an iMac 27". As Steven said above, I just made sure the box for the Rizer was ticked in the pairing screen when pairing it.

The box is paired on my screen,the Rizer works with elevation but not with steering

1 Like

Thanks Ingemar,
I am going to try again this week.

Continuing the discussion from [Elite Rizer steering broken in 1.47

I can confirm that the 1.48 fix DOES NOT WORK. Tried everything including deleting from iPhone, iPad and Apple TV then re-installing but still no steering. Deleted my Rizer and re-installed (checking the latest firmwear) but that didn’t help either. It connects perfectly and follows the gradient as it should but no steering at all.

If you ride in a group, you are forced to the extreme left hand side of the road which is useless so riding alone it then keeps you down the centre line which is better but still not right.

I’ve contacted Zwift and raised a ticket twice but still nothing. I was assured on my last chat they will get back to me via email. I’ll believe that when it happens. Come on Zwift, fix it. It worked perfectly before 1.47. Get it sorted.

3 Likes

@shooj Just a thought: It looks like that the people on Apple platforms who are still experiencing this issue are on iPhone/iPad and AppleTV. However, macOS users seem to be OK. As iPhone/iPad, AppleTV and macOS are compiled into separate binaries, could it be that the fix only made it into the macOS binary?

2 Likes

Thank you for that. I’ll try my Mac today and see.

1 Like

I tested this on my Windows 10 setup and all is good so i concur that it seems to be OS related rather than across all platforms.

2 Likes

Works perfectly on my Mac so it’s definitely iPad, iPhone and Apple TV related.

2 Likes

Through a friend with exactly the same set up as me (Tacx Neo & Elite Rizer) there is a solution. It works perfectly on a Mac but not on an iPad, iPhone or Apple TV, until now. Do the following on either the iPad, iPhone or Apple TV:

1. Navigate to the “Pair Screen”.
  2. Go the to small spanner under the Rizer (assuming it is connected).
  3. Calibrate the Rizer by turning the steerer fully to the left and keeping it there.
  4. Click “Calibrate”.
  5. Exit out and you should now have full left/right steering.
2 Likes

Through a friend with exactly the same set up as me (Tacx Neo & Elite Rizer) there is a solution. It works perfectly on a Mac but not on an iPad, iPhone or Apple TV, until now. Do the following on either the iPad, iPhone or Apple TV:

1. Navigate to the “Pair Screen”.
  2. Go the to small spanner under the Rizer (assuming it is connected).
  3. Calibrate the Rizer by turning the steerer fully to the left and keeping it there.
  4. Click “Calibrate”.
  5. Exit out and you should now have full left/right steering.
4 Likes

Just tried your fix and it worked

1 Like

Thank you for the Tip Ian, it worked

1 Like

Excellent. Not how things should be but at least it does what is is supposed to do. Hope Zwift sort this properly.

Thank you @Ian_Jeffery_Tacx_Neo for sharing this workaround for iOS and Apple TV Zwifters.

The recent 1.48.1 patch was released to fix crashes occurring on some low-memory iOS and tvOS devices, but did not include the changes that addressed the Rizer issue in 1.48.0. The next update will include the Rizer fix, so thankfully, this workaround will not have to be used for too long.

I guess everybody who’s implemented Ian’s calibration work-around will need to re-calibrate after the new update?

Just tried your fix and it worked