Cycling gear

Today on my bike got me wondering if other people wear cycling gear while zwifting?

I started off wearing my gym kit, normal shorts/T and normal running trainers. I thought why would anyone wear proper cycling gear for the garage.

Today I had my SPDs on and cycling T-shirt and I produced less sweat + I’d never have done the Watopia hills in my running trainers…

Is it normal to kit out like you would on the road but in your garage? I’m doing what I thought others would be crazy doing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I definitely wear my regular cycling bibs while riding Zwift, and quite often a regular cycling jersey. If the ride/workout is going to be more intense I may swap the jersey for a base layer or perhaps just no top. And, of course, I always try to keep a few towels handy, plus a couple of headbands.

1 Like

Kit up. I even wear gloves and a cap to soak up the sweat. Cycling shoes and socks and of course bibs and jersey. I draw the line at glasses and helmet though.

Otherwise your selfies will just look wrong, am I right? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I didn’t think about gloves.

Was really happy with my time this morning but I couldn’t hit the end run bottom because the sweat kept dripping onto my laptop trackpad, I literally lost about a minute on my time trying to end the run :rofl:

Gloves tomorrow…

Cycling shorts, I prefer them over the bibs for indoor. Running tank top. Cycling shoes and socks. Gloves and a head band.

1 Like

Definitely bibs and shoes. I typically use an athletic t-shirt (dri-fit, or similar), but anything that helps to wick and evaporate moisture is a good idea. I drape a hand towel over my stem and top tube, too.

1 Like

Bibs or shorts, which ever is clean and available! Gloves for sure to help trap the perspiration. Jersey…why not? Makes it easier to transport my phone and all the water/snacks into the cave with those pockets. Headband. I put a piece of electrical tape to cover my stem bolt/screw. I found putting my towel over it got in the way, especially because of the way my iPhone is mounted on my bars. Prescription Oakley glasses…clear, since I can’t see so well any more :+1:t3: