Changes to Pace Partners [May 2022]

Climb on this weeks course for Coco is too long and steep, she cannot keep up with main group. Please keep her on flatter courses.
Last weeks Volcano route was perfect, especially with Coco and Bowie passing each other regularly, easy to jump from one group to the other if you wanted to rest or up the pace for a few laps.

1 Like

I thought the basic idea of these rides is that the main bunch keeps up with the PP, not the other way round :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Have to disagree with you on that one . Angela is way too pedestrian on the climbs (as was). and not so bad on the most flat sections.

If you dont like being paced at 3.3wkg … do the pacing , which depending on your weight , will support you doing between 4.2 - 4.5 relatively consistently ( except when someone else slows the bot down ).

Beyond a joke new cadence routes are terrible should of been waistband greatest London flat and rgv nice big loops still good steady spinning volcano last week 150 laps a joke this week not much better

I vote sent coco up Alpe or Ventoux the parcours on both of those is as steady as they come … :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

The routes are too short and speed to slow on this one it’s a joke fine for 30 mins but when most c riders do over 2hrs it suck’s paying for this as well

Sounds like you should be riding in the Giro with the R. Carapaz bot :grin:.

5 Likes

Why don’t you ride with a faster Pace Partner?

1 Like

Wahoo v5 self calibration and there is a weight video on my zpower… in addition to the ZADA test and dual potency medication

I normally ride b have done for few years but it affects my running performance too much hence I ride c mainly still rubbish new routes regardless what I run ride

So do a free ride?

Why’s my message flagged usual authority only one side of story allowed no room for opinions yous are always right I never wrote anything out of place

Please keep this respectful. Please don’t attack people that are trying to help.

1 Like

Probably because you’re trolling and attacking individuals. That’s not forming an opinion, it’s not a discussion, nor is it even a good old rant; it’s aggressive and bordering on harassment.

Most C riders do 2+ hours? False.
B is too fast? Ride with C.
C is too slow? Ride with B.

4 Likes

There are many other options other than C.Cadence pacer bot for your situation, that is not “having a know it all resonse”, it is simply informing you of the other options. If you have access to the new home screen, isn’t there a bot in Makuri that is set at 3.0, in between C.Cadence and B.Brevit?

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the new Pace Partners. I did my first ever PP ride earlier with Diego. I didn’t realise how much fun that would be (and good training for me too).

You only use capital letters in the symbols. The names of variables and units are always spelled with a lowercase letter, even if they are derived from proper names (eg, newton, pascal, watt). Exception: after the word degree (degrees) Celsius and Fahrenheit units gain

1 Like

Has the increase in PP usage come about with the dearth of events available to ride?

It seems the ride calendar is so lacking of things to do lately that PP become the best option for so many. I like the PP and they have been a great success, but to me looking at the companion app for things to do it doesn’t leave much else to do.

There are a lot of races but very few attending. There should be a reduced number of races in the low season.

Getting a bit off topic here, but I feel it too. I wish there were fundo events on multiple weekdays every week, and more times on weekends when they’re usually held. Basically I’m ready to do Tour of Watopia again with no changes to the routes. Club rides don’t seem to be a solution.