Changes to Pace Partners [May 2022]

@James_Zwift loving the new routes for coco and nice change up. I have a feature request where it would be awesome on the companion app if a dot for Coco (or other pace partners) would show up in blue or another color. Kind of like where a friend shows in orange.

Would help with awareness where they are as I use no hud mode quite a bit. Thanks again.

4 Likes

I tried the pace partner. I thought it was interesting but could not get into it as it was just a computerized avatar with very little interaction. I decided to use my Zwift ride today for a High Intensity Workout, I rode for fifteen minutes, got off the bike did upper body curls and pull ups, got back on the bike, rode another fifteen minutes, got off the bike did squats, etc, got back on the bike, did this for about an hour of riding. It was a great workout. I then got on my road bike after resting, and in perfect weather road a beautiful route that was ten miles out, and ten miles back on Skyline with fantastic views with 2,000 feet total of climbing, and great descents. I thought the Zwift system worked for mixed workout and was not boring, which was exactly my goal.

@James_Zwift Thanks so much for keeping the 2 wpk pacer bot. Rode with her for around 50 minutes and it was the perfect pace for a sprint workout. Since she is riding on Neon Flats, there are sprints every few minutes, so I would go for the sprints, then rejoin her group.

1 Like

It took me five attempts yesterday to join a PP (D. Drops in Makuri). So something is wrong here (ATV, latest versions ZWIFT and iOS).

And something is wrong with the icons that show up when you are too far off the PP.
Behind the PP everything is OK.

But when you are ahead of the PP you see two identical symbols. The right one should be a bicycle.

1 Like

Something def changed w/regards to joining the pace bots in the last two weeks. I used to get dropped in almost immediately. Now, I’m on the road for a few seconds before being teleported to the pace bot group.

Also, w/Coco it would seem that if you select her and then she changes her color (w/kg) then you no longer have a pace bot selection. It’s as if the pace bot you selected is no longer available? I was in a rush so I didn’t test it thoroughly (maybe later), but that was my initial impression.

Another Apple TV user here having trouble joining Pace Partners here.
I wanted to see what the pace was like for Diego and Danny so joined them both for a bit last night. As you scroll down the menu the orange box highlighting which bot you’re selecting doesn’t move so you have to guess which one you’re on. It took me three attempts to join Diego and four to join Danny. As others above has said the game drops you into a random spawn point rather than with the PP.
Despite that once I joined the PPs the experience was fantastic. I’ve always found Dan a bit too slow and unless my legs are fresh Coco a bit too fast. Diego and Danny fill the gaps in between very nicely.
Thanks for listening to our feedback, I hope the new Pace Partners are here to stay.

I’ve been having the exact same problem for a while on AppleTV. I select a pace partner to ride with and then get teleported to somewhere. It’s been happening for ages. For example if I select Coco sometimes, I’ll just get dropped at the DownTown banner.

I tried five times to join the new Bernadette pace partner in Makuri last night and kept getting dropped at random places on her route. I gave up in the end.

Just to add, that sometimes I notice that the pace partners don’t even show up in the selection screen. Then sometimes, 4, or 3, or 7 (all on Watopia). I know it’s FutureWorks but it does seem to be quite buggy at the moment for selection.

Hey everyone.

We know about problems joining PPs from the old home screen. Working on this currently.

6 Likes

Thank you for the new D bots! This made my day!

PACE PARTNERS - WEEK STARTING 23RD MAY

Hi all,

Just a short update to let you know what routes are coming up next week.

Watopia
Anquetil (4.2) - Watopia’s Waistband
Brevet (3.3) - Big Foot Hills
Coco (2.5) - Ocean Lava Cliffside Loop
Danny (2.15) - Hilly Route
Diego (1.8) - Figure 8
Diesel (1.5) - Flat Route
Dorothy (1.15) - Volcano Circuit

Makuri
Bernadette (3.8) - Wandering Flats
Charlie (3.0) - Flatland Loop
Denise (2.0) - Neon Flats
Eddy (1.0) - Sprinter’s Playground

We’re also adding dynamic pacing to ALL Pace Partners. This will mean that they put out 10% MORE power when the gradient is equal to or more than 3%. They will put out 20% LESS power when the gradient is equal to or more than -3%.

18 Likes

Liking the new pace partners. First try to connect to D Draft didin’t
work. Second try to connect to D Draft connected me to C Cadence.
Using iPad (latest iPadOS)

@James_Zwift

Thank you so much for this update and for hearing the feedback and responding.

I have fallen in love with the smaller pace partner groups and the terrain on Makuri and the only reason I didn’t comment in the negative about them originally being taken away is that I didn’t want to pile on - but I was so close on multiple visits to review the responses to this thread.

I am not sure I will use Charlie every day as he does represent a different workout for me than Coco would, but I have enjoyed him yesterday and today for sure.

It was noticeable how much smaller the group with him was today when Makuri was not on the rotation compared to how large his group was yesterday when it was live for all users as a guest world.

Anyway, I hope that Charlie rotates through a few different courses on Makuri, but even if he doesn’t I suspect I will join him pretty regularly.

JP

1 Like

We’re potentially looking at having Makuri available more often so that more people can take advantage of the Makuri Pace Partners.

9 Likes

Just curious, what’s the technical hurdle preventing PP bots from being put into any current guest world on any particular course?

There is no technical hurdle.

1 Like

NYC Park Loop (or rev) with a 2.x D bot or a Coco could be fun.
Edit: France RGV too, also think Makuri is one or 2 expansions from permanence (Harbour & Mt Fuji ? )

We’re not planning on moving away from Watopia and Makuri for now.

3 Likes

Off-topic but… My dream for Makuri - Bay Bridge to Climber’s Paradise (Fuji and other real climbs from all over Japan (not just Tokyo/Kanto area)).

2 Likes

Any chance of a few in France?

One that by passes the KOM, one that goes up it.

C+, B, B+ levels.

I’ve always felt France was more suited to pace partners than Makuri.

1 Like