Category Enforcement Trial - Next Steps [February 2022]

That probably not something we can do (each of the logos are created by our creative team).

I wonder how much work it would be to set up a filter though.

2 Likes

That will be cool @James_Zwift .

So my wife did one one the cat enforcement rides as per my suggestion and this morning she asked when the next one is. That is a good sign as she never liked racing.

6 Likes

I think the anti sandbagging is enabled on all the crit city races tooā€¦ The race that I did was the standard Crit City race.

2 Likes

They could put an edit in the description. They could also note if all cats are visible.
Maybe a standardized race description of sorts.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m actually working through that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This morning, I filtered thru todayā€™s races (not all) and couldnā€™t find one that seems to be using the new Enforcement rules.
Iā€™m using ZCA and selecting a race and noting if the D cat is an option for me.
Are the new rules being used?
If so, should it appear like the test races with some options greyed out?
Will all the riders / racers appear in Zwift power results?

I was hoping to just explore and find out for my self but it doesnā€™t seem to be taking off yet.

yes, there are a few setup already.see: Events

1 Like

Tim,

Thereā€™s only a small number of events taking part in this stage of the trial.

Weā€™re provisionally increasing the number next week.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait. Just browsed for a race to do tonight and Iā€™m in with

this chap.

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

did a race yesterday and a female had signed up to A cat (she is a legitimate A cat) who then during the day decided to swap to the B category to join a few of her wahoo team mates and was dqā€™d with an upg code

Is that not expected behaviour? (The DQ, not the category change)

the dq worked as it should by the organiser, I was merely pointing out that she decided to race lower than her legitimate cat because she was able to race with teammates, once the categroy enforcement is in full swing sheā€™d have no option to race A, which ironically was slower than the B group

2 Likes

Clubs says hi. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

2 Likes

44Kg teen very capable of 5W/Kg 20mins presumeably getting category upgrade protection so in B, comes home 9th overall in a category enforced Kieth Hill After Party race.

He was doing ~190W on the ~30Km of flat, having no issue staying in the front group.

Lightweights donā€™t need special exceptions to category enforcement with physics like this.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get why people do that unless all the cats are not visible.
You can be Cat A and ride with your Cat B,C,and D friends.

one of the team mentioned a race he did yesterday, a 31kg (and hasnā€™t put weight on in 6 months, yeah right) kid putting out 5wkg around tick tock route and coming less than 1s behind the winner, light racers do not need protection at all, they are all just moaning that theyā€™d have to race up a category

2 Likes

I have seen similar on WTRL and Mad Monday events itā€™s difficult to report as you donā€™t want to discourage young children from racing. My wife was in a WTRL race a year or so ago and a young child was on the podium with very questionable stats especially for the length of the race and for her age it was reported by other riders but basically WTRL took the stance that we will give her the benefit of the doubt. This does not do anyone any favours including the child if the stats are incorrect and some teams may deliberately recruit younger riders for this reason.

Just a quick update from me - weā€™ve had a week of Community trial events with Herd, Electric Spirit Co., Rhino Racing, SZR and ZHR, which seem to have gone well so far.

Iā€™ve now aded a number of events from EVO, 3R, DBR, RWB and KISS to add to the ones that we already have.

13 Likes

Oh, and I got downgraded to B :partying_face:

4 Likes