Category Enforcement Trial - Next Steps [February 2022]

Thanks78

That would be great if you could use it for a full series :+1:

Thanks for your efforts to provide a more fair and honest experience for all Zwifters. It is much appreciated.

2 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Category Enforcement - How is my category calculated? [February 2022]

James for the Community-led Events once finalised would it be possible to post a list of those groups who are participating, please.

Just so it will be easier to find the events if we (ok I mean me with my mediocre social media skills) do not already belong to those groups.

Cheers.

Iā€™ll probably tag them so theyā€™re easy to find.

1 Like

Hey everyone - My day job is a bit busy today (and obviously I also need to Zwift).

Will try to pop back a little after 6 and respond to everything currently unanswered.

2 Likes

If you are interested in how it is calculated, you can check out the OP here. Note that it does not use exactly the same dataset as ZwiftPower, nor the same calculation.

2 Likes

As organizers start considering how they may in the future construct their events, it would be interesting to see some sort of quantitative distribution across the whole CP or whatnot spectrum for the universe of active Zwifters. Or does this exist already somewhere?

Thanks James :+1:

@Gerrie_Delport_ODZ and co - to give me any hope of supporting questions about the future test rides, can you please split the posts about how categories are calculated, etc, into the thread about how categories are calculated? Thanks.

3 Likes

For convenience you can filter on the ā€˜Category enforcementā€™ rule to find all relevant events at ZwiftHacks: Events

7 Likes

I tagged every Zwift test event with categoryenforcement if thatā€™s what youā€™re using.

3 Likes

Not an easy task but letā€™s try.

2 Likes

@Jesper_ZwiftHacks and @James_Zwift thank you.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks Sandy. I donā€™t want to promise anything at this stage, because if I committed to you running a 4 week series and then for some reason (which I sincerely hope isnā€™t the case) we had to pull the trial, that wouldnā€™t be great for you.

1 Like

Can we just have it on for next ZRL season? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dang, Iā€™m so excited about this after doing just one event that Iā€™m thinking about skipping the Rapha Rising series this weekend and doing more races! The schedule got tightened up and after complaining incessantly about the lack of early morning events in the Pacific Time Zone, I better run at least one of themā€¦

Will the community events be using the new measures listed above? Or are those still considered the test events?