Can't calibrate Kinetic Road Machine

Just tried roovy, and it works fine with it, I am at 20/25km per hour, which is the speed I feel I am at, while testing. So far, it works everywhere but zwift…

Hi, yes I resolved my problem but it was a right faff so I cancelled Zwift. I changed to a turbo tyre and made sure it was inflated to 100 before every ride. I then had to turn the bluetooth off on my new Samsung phone and connect to Kinetic Fit via bluetooth on my old iphone 6. I did a 10 min warm up then calibrated on Kinetic Fit. I then turned bluetooth off on my iphone and back on on my Samsung and opened the Zwift app. I then connected my Samsung to my trainer as a power source using Ant+. I could then starting riding and it was already calibrated but I’d still have to do another 5 min warm up on the training rides and I lost my 10 min warm up for the stats/strava. Altogether a complete pain in the backside so I cancelled and now I just use Kinetic Fit.

I happened to scroll through the Zwift support section and they recommend closing the Kinetic app after calibrating because it can cause interference with Zwift.
I have not had this problem but my InRide sensor connects to my Android phone via BLE and the the Inride sensor connects to my PC via an Ant+ dongle.
Maybe its a problem with too many BLE devices connecting at once.
I saw in another post that someones heart rate monitor was BLE and the battery was low and causing connection problems with his other devices.
In game, I use Ant+ for everything because it seems to have the least headaches.
I’m calibrating with Kinetic and Zwifting almost every day so the programs and platforms work.
There are all kinds of local issues that can cause the issues.

I just purchased a kinetic inride 2 for my road machine. I can’t find anything about the optimal spindown calibration. How many seconds should this be?

James, the calibration app will tell you if you should loosen or tighten but around 2 seconds is the target. If you don’t see a notice to loosen or tighten you should be in the acceptable range. Just make sure your tire is pumped up to around 100psi.

2 Likes