Bluetooth broke with update [September 2021] [1.17.0] [Windows10] [SOLVED]

Same here just downloaded the VC-dist etc and now BT back up & running on Windows 10

Hi Shane, does Zwift have anything to add?
Have tried patch, not working still… Connects trainer power source ( kickr snap) but not controllable trainer. have you heard any more ?
Thanks Steve

Solution of the Windows download did not work for me. Saris trainer using Windows 10 PC and Companion app. Does not see Controllable Trainer. Does work OK and pair on my iPad. Any others in this situation? Getting highly frustrated.

The only information I have is what I see posted here sorry.

Try disconnecting the trainer as power, then see if it will connect for controllable, then go back and connect as the power source. The sequence of which one you pair first seems to be the issue for many.

Hope it works for you!

Crossposting from other thread

On macOS 11.5.2, iPhone X with latest update. Everything but Kickr controllable connects through Companion App (this was the way I have always done it without issue).

Everything connects via native Bluetooth, since Companion app stopped working with update and now native Bluetooth keeps dropping Kickr during rides. Examples below - three times in two days.

Just wanted to follow up that now two days straight this has happened. Never happened once after owning this trainer for over a year.

The issue started when the controllable portion stopped connecting to Zwift through the Companion app (this also never has been an issue until recently). Finally, by using native Bluetooth, I got everything connected.

However, now twice this dropout happens and, as you can see from the screenshot, this is only my trainer dropping out - HRM maintains connection, so nothing wrong with the computer. (You can see where power goes to zero on the bottom left of the graph and HR continues to be tracked.)

The other thing I notice is that connecting this way never actually shows me on my map (or my current cycling data). Not sure where this problem originates, but I only noticed it on the update when I could no longer connect through my phone (Kickr controllable portion never shows up on the menu).

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Twice in one ride - happened again about 1 hour after the first! What gives!

This does not resolve the users with MacBook Pros that has been happening since Mid June @shooj

Elite Zumo trainer, worked perfectly for months 1.17 update broke BT. Windows 10.
Tried companion bluetooth mode and that wouldn’t work.
Applied the box BLE dll only and still not working (bluetooth icon still shows warning symbol in zwift).
My Ant+ dongle (that I use for watch HR broadcast) is terribly unreliable so I lose signal too frequently to ride with it.
Zumo trainer comes up in windows as pairable. It was previously paired and I unpaired it before trying the BLE dll fix. I have re-paired it after finding it made no difference.
Installing vcredist_x64 fixed it for me (note I didn’t take a backup of the BLE dll so I am running both patches currently)

Hey Shooj,

I run Zwift on Apple TV 4K together with Kickr V5 and Kickr Climb. I also use the Companion App on an iPad.
Since the update the trainer functions only as a thumb trainer. No response on changes in gradient and no ERG-mode in trainings.
The trainer and the i-Pad are updated to current versions and newest firmware.

1 Like

Hi the.dll fix worked here. I’m on Win10 with Kickr v5.

1 Like

Using TacX Flux which was working fine prior to update, following update no longer works on windows 10 due to blue tooth issue, tried the posted workarounds to no avail, loaded zwift onto an android tablet and that works fine. Also loaded Tacx software onto the windows computer and that connects fine and runs a treat, it is obviously an issue with the update by zwift that has killed it.

1 Like

After update I also have issues with both bluetooth and ANT+. Initially it would just drop out every minute or so. Then it just stopped working after I tried going from BTE to ANT and back. Funny thing is that during pairing screen Zwift shows the right speed and cadence but when you click okay and back to ride/run screen it doesn’t show any speed or cadence. For me on Win 10, no change to my setup but just updated Zwift on last update.

1 Like

Hello, dear Sirs!
Everything worked fine for me last Friday or Thursday. But now I am trying to conduct a workout and I see that the Zvift does not get the readings from the sensors of the trainer through the bluetooth. Neither cadence, power, nor other data is transmitted, although pairing between devices is successful in the zvift menu on start.
I have checked in the native Tax Neo 2T application and the data is being transferred there successfully without an issue, so the problem is exactly in the zwift application (latest update of it) not windows 10 or some visual C dlls.

Hey everyone -

This particular Windows glitch has been fixed in game version 1.17.1 (1.081847) that released a few minutes ago. If you’re on Windows - please allow a few minutes before your next session to update the game.

2 Likes

I first used the two temporary fixes provided here, then got the official update 1.17.1 before getting a chance to try those temporary fixes, and got even more bluetooth disconnections during my group ride than I did before today’s update. It’s to the point that I can’t even use Zwift. With the Sep.15 update, I would get disconnections every 15 minutes, but the Wahoo Kickr Bike would automatically reconnect after a few seconds. With 1.17.1, I rode for 50 minutes with no problem, then got several disconnections in a couple minutes, and could never get the bike to reconnect and had to end my workout. I’m supposed to start ZRL Sep. 28 and really hope this can be fixed so I don’t have to miss out.

@Dave_Konicek
Thanks for the heads up. We’re looking at your session logs from today.

1 Like

Is there anything I could try before my ride today, like uninstalling and reinstalling Zwift, or applying those two temporary fixes provided here again? Maybe connecting my bike to the Companion app on iPhone via Bluetooth instead of to my PC if nothing else works? Is there a way to tell Zwift to forget my bike and heart rate monitor devices, then reconnect to them as if Zwift has never connected to them before?

delete the “known devices” xml file in your Documents/Zwift folder on the PC, then restart (not reinstall) Zwift.

Installed update but still have no connection via bluetooth exactly the same as previously reported, program has been unusable since update. I hope there are going to be refunds to people left unable to use what they have purchased.

Not solved. You made it worse - for my case.
I had no issue with last weeks update. But with the new one today, no more Bluetooth.

Group Training was planned this eve.
What a bad experience.