BANS Zpower from races?

I think we are agreeing.
My point is ZP is not the same as a dumb trainer.
I think the comment I responded to was (paraphrase) everyone should be on a smart trainer.
The more correct statement being “everyone (racing) should move away from ZP, not dumb trainers”.

I use Zpower as I had an old TACX trainer for years and I cannot justify the finance for a new PM or smart trainer, I use a Speed sensor, cadence sensor and HRM which should be justification that I can ride the numbers shown. I keep my tyre pressures constant and the resistance likewise. I can see from fellow racers Strava profiles that I continually ride faster than them IRL so why are they upset when they get beaten in races after all the vast majority of us are never going to be pros especially at the age of 56 :rofl:

These trainers are not all created equal. It is good that you keep it as accurate as possible, that is why I don’t agree that Z-power should be banned, but in A races a 5% trainer difference can be the difference between winning and 20th. That trainer is also limited to 400w which should indicate that there is some discrepancies in accuracy. Some z-power trainers can actually go to 1000w because they are more reliable.

Maybe if you link your strava to Zwift power people won’t get that upset if they see what performance you have IRL.

I have been defending Z-power from the start, there should be a place for Z-power as you said we are not going pro and power meters is expensive.

1 Like

Gerrie thanks for your informative and polite reply not always the case on Zpower issues. I would love to race against other Zpower riders so I don’t get disqualified on a regular basis.

Kind regards

Bruce

1 Like

I just think the easiest way to let everyone compete is to improve the zpower curve. Banning zpower is just sorting by equipment and not by athletic equity.

I don’t think the issue is with the curve, it’s the fact that the curve is only accurate if people set up the trainer exactly as per the guidance, which I bet many don’t.

yea. however, I adjust my equipment every week, calibrating the tire and all. but with a button other contestants remove me from contention.