Anti sandbagging and other areas that need development and communication

Some of us are still here , that is true . But I think most of us anyway have given up on trying to drive change because its just not happening . But now just venting our discontent rather than endlessly asking over and over for change.

We are here because as has been said other solutions are arguably / possibly / subjectively equally challenged .

The fact is however that those platforms are becoming less dreadful by the day and this one becomes more dreadful so sooner or later the balance of dread will be tipped . I am increasingly using them more and more and that might be just me , but I don’t think so .

Zwift shouldn’t I agree be that worried out us 15 people who do post (care) . They should be worried about all those that don’t and will when that happens just leave without as much as a bye.

If users are thinking and looking to leave you can be sure that developers and anyone on the other side is too . That is a toxic mix of those who want something and those who know how to deliver it that might just be what is needed to sort things out , because nothing is happening here , and whatever might be getting promised I think we can be pretty confident will be slow to materialise , probably be tiny steps and worse ( because at no point as it be acknowledged what is required ) not reflective of anything we have discussed in this ( and other threads ) on the subject…

I hope I am wrong , but I dont think so …

4 Likes

Until something better comes along that has the critical mass of users I and we are stuck with it.
Just got to keep with the Andy Dufresne approach and keep on banging on about it. Someone at ZHQ is listening and responding at the very least.

5 Likes

I’ve certainly been keeping an eye out for competitors to get their act together. I won’t hesitate to switch once something reasonable comes along.

3 Likes

We need a few of these I think .

Better still … Does anyone know where we can hire these guys

Not if you deafen the first.

And whilst you all talk amongst yourselves another series goes to the wall thanks to a lack of Zwift HQ’s help.

1 Like

The Mad Monday Series did a lot to try to combat some of the issues we see here.
Using race links meant that teams were responsible for their own riders so were usually entered in the correct Cat. That led on to split Cat’s being used which meant there was much closer racing.
All this was a very positive way forward and attracted excellent numbers proving with a bit of innovation we can as a community find a way forward.

2 Likes

So it stopped because Zwift couldn’t provide the bare minimum of support?

This may or may not be what I’m referring to when I said “we’re working on it” in my earlier reply, though I can say with certainty that it’s not what we’re not working on.

And now…

Have a great weekend everyone.

7 Likes

As I and any other race organiser knows quite often it is a case of being able to speak to the right people to sort out issues. You can spend weeks not getting a reply and suddenly someone who is aware picks up the mail and it gets sorted. Very Frustrating…

There is another thread discussing this and it seems that Zwift want to discuss the issues with the race organiser.

1 Like

Promising. I think you can just be way more explicit and open and that would help, but promising all the same.

I am not terribly disappointed to hear that.

Busy around these parts this evening…

I reached out to David on your team a few hours ago to learn what we could do to help. Please let me know as we updated your events for next week.

We dont always have the response time or the tools that race organizers are hoping for, but our team is completely dedicated to helping put on races on the platform. If you aren’t getting the support you need, please DM me as many have done in the past. Most cases we are able to find a path forward.

Mark

2 Likes

Thank you Mark for a very speedy reply, it is good to hear that you are addressing this issue with David and hopefully between you there will be a positive outcome.

As a race organiser I fully understand that there are not always answers to all of the issues we see but your actions have been a positive step forward in this particular case.

2 Likes

I have been informed that David now has the tools to enable him to take the series forward.
Thankyou for your help with this issue.

5 Likes

Hi @Mark_Cote this looks like a positive outcome for the TFC guys and their racing series, but probably not ideal that it had to come to them cancelling their events due to lack of ZHQ support.

In terms of wider racing, is there anything you can say that could assure the disillusioned racing community that any of the items discussed countless times here and elsewhere are getting looked at?

Category enforcement is obviously the big one, but there is just so so much that could be done to enhance racing for the better and it just seems crazy its been left to stagnate over the last two years. Big ones for me are in the OP.

2 Likes

@xflintx posted on this earlier this week. We are working on category enforcement as our top priority for competition at this time. And of course on supporting and keeping the 1,000+ races/week up and running as the indoor season ramps up.

Mark

11 Likes

That’s good to hear @Mark_Cote . Having some kind of engagement with Zwift Staff on a regular basis can help keep the natives from getting too restless and will quell any talk of pitchforks and torches. Just sayin’…

2 Likes