Anti sandbagging and other areas that need development and communication

It’s almost as silly as the “You’ve got to sign up to ZwiftPower to see the real results” thing.

Why can’t Zwift just stop the cheaters in-game? Zwift racing is as dead the Monty Python parrot.

6 Likes

I think I have said thus a couple of times already, but anyway while it isn’t bombproof, it certainly isn’t useless either. Most of all it takes care of those riding in the wrong category without intending to do so, plus having to change it before ~every race at least adds a bit of friction for the actual sandbaggers.

Yes exactly, this is my concern - they are creating 2 products - racing for people that care about racing (WTRL) and racing for people that don’t (in the client).

The trouble is, this is bad news for everyone. The offering for serious racers is extremely limited in format, times, etc, and the offering for everyone else is a joke.

7 Likes

I guess my take is that whilst it is incredibly frustrating, I would prefer to continue to try and be constructive and help influence the future direction, even if that ends up being in to a brick wall.

1 Like

Same here, and probably for the same reasons as you.

I can’t even get pen enforcement for age groups, which would be as easy to achieve as gender. I guess they’ve picked one event to sponsor, which gets priority on resources, while the rest of us are running events in much the same way as when the pens were first introduced several years ago. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

And ZRL is only for teams. Nothing for individuals. Well Autocat was but nothing now.

2 Likes

And don’t forget the Dura Ace sportive series to placate the sponsors and masses!

2 Likes

I think we are now at the point where the only way this progresses is if Zwift HQ start to feel some pain from it. At present, its easy to fob off a vocal minority…

It needs the current race & event organisers, who are the lifeblood of zwift and the community, to make some noise and do something they probably dont want to do and that is make waves. Start to move away to other platforms or stop putting on events until the toolset are shared equally amongst all organisers.

I get this is a tough ask and many wont want to risk their position, but Zwift feeling some pain is when they will react and changes will be made.

Without those organisers and the events they put on zwift becomes a rather vanilla prospect.

5 Likes

Yep agreed, like when @MRBaldi_T-ZHR left briefly I gather there was a small bit of give from ZHQ in terms of his specific issues with organising events.

3 Likes

Except …

Zwift HQ (in general and not those who might post here who I would say are equally victims of whatever is happening ) IMO couldn’t care less if we all go away or do anything , shout , scream , stand naked on the top of the Eiffel tower with placards asking for Pen Classification enforcement…

They got a big fat cheque to do something else last year and that is all that matters.
That money is going to be spent soon and I haven’t seen the product it was provided for .
So right now even less is being done most likely as more and more resources are no doubt being drawn down for that pointless project that even if it is delivered has no market (IMO) .
The next stage is when the investment is pulled .
Normally that is game over for project and almost certainly everything else.
It is possible someone might pick it up , but with all the bad blood why would they , easier to start fresh.

So my view is , forget it everyone . Find somewhere else to channel your enthusiasm and energy.
Enjoy it while it lasts , when it isn’t enjoyable any more find somewhere it is .
And if the fall out that is coming does land butter side up we can maybe look forward again.

2 Likes

As a starter, Pull all the community events for a single day - Something like a Tuesday when ZRL is running.

Plenty of events will continue to run for end users as ZRL is on, but also shows there is a wider group beyond WTRL who should be supported by Zwift HQ.

2 Likes

There are about 15 active contributors to this thread, of which 1 or 2 run events. There’s also a huge queue of people desperate to have their events added to the calendar.

It’s much more fruitful to put together an article for Zwift Insider as I have done in the past, or try to work, dare I say it, with Zwift to try and influence the direction.

You won’t get a mass migration to another platform, because at this stage they are all pretty dreadful propositions.

3 Likes

Just remind us, what was the fruits of those efforts? Il help you out, not much…

There will be changes made down the line, those changes are what Zwift want to introduce - Nothing that gets added to this discussion hasnt been said 1000x times before so no one is bringing bright new ideas to the table and lets be honest, Zwift will introduce what they want to introduce, not what the community feels should be introduced (boost mode anyone?)

The only thing you can potentially influence is when those changes happen and the priority behind them.

That fact that this conversation is happening at all is because we did manage to get some engagement and recognition that it needs development. We didn’t have that before.

If you’ve all given up, then what’s the point of posting?

5 Likes

Enlighten us , where this conversation is happening ?

1 Like

This conversation. The one you are a part of. 1137 message deep.

2 Likes

Which is just as you mentioned 15 users talking amongst themselves of what could be done .

5 Likes

1137 post deep - 1 year old and this is the second or 3rd iteration of the same thing.

And zero improvements to racing. 0… nothing

Fancy trying another Zwift insider article to see if that is the magic fix?

3 Likes

Please keep it civil chaps, we’re supposed to be all on the same side here. Certainly won’t get anywhere by bickering to the point the thread is locked.

I’m probably leaning towards ‘team negative’ myself but we have to hope HQ are still watching and come up with something eventually.

7 Likes

We will just keep beating this drum. At some point the noise will reach some ears.

3 Likes